• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Absolute war vs. Apple!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaawr

Vihzel

Destroying Balls Everyday
Apr 8, 2010
Manhattan, NY
GRAB YOUR ROBOTS AND ANNIHILATE THOSE BITTEN APPLES!

... hehe just joking... at least... for now.

This isn't another "I hate Apple" threads, I just have a thought.

Lets have a little scenario:

It is 8 years from now in pleasant USA and the mobile market is now 50% Apple and 50% Android. The iPhone 12G (with OS 4.0 just so we know what it has) is about to come out in all 4 mobile networks, Steve Jobs is now the "official" dictator of Apple and he's gone absolutely crazy with power and making statements such as "Android must burn! The fruit must prevail!" and "We must do whatever we can to disable that damn robot!" and... "It is time for war, my brainwashed minions.". On the other side, Google is an innocent angel, just wanting to give people choice and freedom, donating billions to charity, and above all... curing AIDS. Google is eventually fed up with the dictatorship of Apple and wants to deal a pretty harsh blow.

The question I have is:

If Google were to completely take out ALL of its apps and services from the iTunes App Store and the iPhone 12G and completely cut off any relation with Apple in the mobile phone war, would it hurt Apple at all in the mobile market? I've been wondering this for a short while because my roommate, who has an iPhone 3GS, uses Google Maps, Gmail, Google Search, and one other thing that I can't remember right now... a LOT.

Your thoughts?

By the way, if you want to add your own little story of what the mobile market is like 8 years from now, go ahead. :) Show your creative skills!

Again, this is NOT intended to be a thread to bash Apple. I could've just asked the question, but I wanted to add a little funny short story for a dramatic effect. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones