• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accessing Droid X System Memory

RichSz

Not Entitled
Jul 9, 2010
Between Imladris and Lothl
This has been bugging me but I think it's just the way it is. In the DX we have 8gb of internal memory with an additional external 16gb (as shipped) on the SD card. I can store my music, pictures, etc. on the SD card but cannot access the internal 8gb. Besides storing apps, what good is that internal memory? Is there a way to store files on it?

I read in the Applications and Games forums that other phone owners complain that some apps are too big to keep on their internal memory, but it seems to me that with the DX, this is no issue because we can't use that memory anyway. Why would a DX owner care about storing apps in the SD card (with 2.2) when we have tons of unused memory internally?

Is there a way to store files on the internal memory which I'm missing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones