• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I got the Moshi iVisor for my A2. Way better than my last screen protector visibility wise. Last one came from AT&T B&M store had a grain look all over it I guess for anti-glare. Moshi was expensive but worth it to me.

My wife is having trouble finding a case. None of the ones at the AT&T store fit too well. Her case she had for the Atrix 4g worked but kinda tight so she doesn't have one yet.Definitely seems like it slipped in under the radar.

Upvote 0
I had a zagg on one of my other phones. I think moshi's different than the zagg, but, I didn't see the salesperson put the moshi on. The salesperson said you can take the moshi off and wash it. I couldn't see me doing that w/the zagg w/out screwing it up.

One thing, at a certain angle, in bright light with the phone off, you can see like a soap film under the moshi screen. I definitely don't see the film w/the phone on period. Doesn't bother me at all but it's there.

Upvote 0
So has anyone found any cases or screen protectors for the A2 yet? I feel like it just arrived under everyones radar and the only thing out there right now is a bunch of universal holsters but no cases or anything.

I just bought a speck brand case from my local b&m at&t store and I'm happy so far anyway. I'm usually not a fan of the button on top of the buttons style, but these work great (they don't make it that much harder to push the buttons). Here are a couple of pics:

speck.case.front.jpg

speck.case.back.jpg

Upvote 0
Otterbox Commuter Case with their screenguard it comes with. I like it. I do have a couple of bubles but they don't really bother me I haven't tried removing and reinstalling it. My friend was able to do it with his screen protector that came with his Otterbox for his Evo 3D.

I can post some screens of the case on the phone later today or tomorrow. You can see the actual case screenshots on the Otterbox website.

Upvote 0
Otterbox Commuter Case with their screenguard it comes with. I like it. I do have a couple of bubles but they don't really bother me I haven't tried removing and reinstalling it. My friend was able to do it with his screen protector that came with his Otterbox for his Evo 3D.

I can post some screens of the case on the phone later today or tomorrow. You can see the actual case screenshots on the Otterbox website.
The protector is comes with is garbage! XtremeGuard is way better than that one.

Upvote 0
I was able to get a free Otterbox Defender case with my phone from the AT&T Store when I upgraded last weekend (Hardly free - I still paid the full $99. Had to, though - long story).

I absolutely love this case. It comes in 4 parts:
1) The top cover is hard plastic and has a built in screen protector. The screen protector is sort of a hybrid anti-glare. The screen on the Atrix is so bright that I can't even tell it's there - even when the backlight is turned all the way down. Now, in bright light it is very noticable and more irritating than a naked screen. That all being said, it doesn't bubble when you install it. It sits on, but doesn't adhere to the screen.
2) The bottom cover is hard plastic that clips to the top cover.
3) There is a soft rubber cover that wraps around the hard case. The only problem I see here is that it doesn't always sit exactly right in the ridges.
4) Belt clip. The full assembly mounts nicely in a very hefty belt clip.

Pros - VERY well made. Very good screen protector. Very good PHONE protector.
Cons- I wonder when the accessory flaps will begin to rip apart. I wonder when my screen protector will get too scratched up to use any more and if I can just get the top piece or if I will have to replace the whole $50 case. It's $50. It's extremely bulky and doesn't sit nice in a shirt pocket.

So, despite my cons, I still think the few pros way out weigh the cons.

Upvote 0
I was able to get a free Otterbox Defender case with my phone from the AT&T Store when I upgraded last weekend (Hardly free - I still paid the full $99. Had to, though - long story).

I absolutely love this case. It comes in 4 parts:
1) The top cover is hard plastic and has a built in screen protector. The screen protector is sort of a hybrid anti-glare. The screen on the Atrix is so bright that I can't even tell it's there - even when the backlight is turned all the way down. Now, in bright light it is very noticable and more irritating than a naked screen. That all being said, it doesn't bubble when you install it. It sits on, but doesn't adhere to the screen.
2) The bottom cover is hard plastic that clips to the top cover.
3) There is a soft rubber cover that wraps around the hard case. The only problem I see here is that it doesn't always sit exactly right in the ridges.
4) Belt clip. The full assembly mounts nicely in a very hefty belt clip.

Pros - VERY well made. Very good screen protector. Very good PHONE protector.
Cons- I wonder when the accessory flaps will begin to rip apart. I wonder when my screen protector will get too scratched up to use any more and if I can just get the top piece or if I will have to replace the whole $50 case. It's $50. It's extremely bulky and doesn't sit nice in a shirt pocket.

So, despite my cons, I still think the few pros way out weigh the cons.
If you go back to AT&T you can literally get the phone AND the case for free cause Radio Shack has the Atrix 2 for free right now and AT&T is not refunding the money but they are crediting peoples account for the price of the phone. Just thought I'd let you know.

I bought mine at Best Buy for $50, when I found out about the Radio Shack deal I called Best Buy and they refunded my money :cool:

Upvote 0
AT&T store here doesn't match prices. At least that's what they are telling me, and I can't seem to convince then otherwise. As I am looking at some of the Black Friday ads this morning, I am even more infuriated.

They've got me by the gonads.

I had to go to an AT&T store to get my upgrade after being told I was eligible then being pushed back 5 months. This was due to the fact that I reduced my service plan (yet I am paying more), was caught tethering (though stopped immediately upon receiving notice), and was 10 days past due on my bill. By ths way, this all went down in August, but only hit me in November.

Anyway, the ONLY way to override this was an AT&T corporate store. They didn't match prices when I bought it last week, so I don't think they will this week. :( Besides, they have no incentive for two years now.

But I love my Atrix 2 and I LOVE my Otterbox Defender.

Upvote 0
AT&T store here doesn't match prices. At least that's what they are telling me, and I can't seem to convince then otherwise. As I am looking at some of the Black Friday ads this morning, I am even more infuriated.

They've got me by the gonads.

I had to go to an AT&T store to get my upgrade after being told I was eligible then being pushed back 5 months. This was due to the fact that I reduced my service plan (yet I am paying more), was caught tethering (though stopped immediately upon receiving notice), and was 10 days past due on my bill. By ths way, this all went down in August, but only hit me in November.

Anyway, the ONLY way to override this was an AT&T corporate store. They didn't match prices when I bought it last week, so I don't think they will this week. :( Besides, they have no incentive for two years now.

But I love my Atrix 2 and I LOVE my Otterbox Defender.
I would say that sucks but I'd be lying cause you got a sick phone for $50 and a sick case for $50!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones