• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acetel 50DL need free vnc that doesn't crash

MrOldCrypto

Jul 3, 2022
What up fam,

I have a about 25 of these that we use for marketing purposes.

I need our staff in the Phillipines to be able to log into them remotely and control them.

What is best way to do this as Team Viewer keeps crashing. Phones have to be connected to 4g so everything is outside of initial phone network.

Best apps would be helpful. And free. And installation guide. Thank you everyone!

Are you sure it's not the TeamViewer app on your mobile devices but rather something like a firewall configuration issue in your Philippine office?
That's a more common scenario. Have you tested the TeamViewer app on one of those phones in a more local setting?

(Side note, the assumption being this is a business venture. TeamViewer is only free for consumer usage, with a business you're required to buy a license to use it for commercial usage.)

Upvote 0
That's a great point. Yes I have tested locally with same result and our staff is all working remotely with nothing but standard windows security. It's literally the local drivers on the device crashing.

Thank you for your help so far. More needed please. We really need this love by Monday. I can't easily manage all of these devices by myself.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
OK, so referencing 'drivers' implies this is a Windows problem, not an Android app problem. (i.e. you don't install 'drivers' in Android, device support is integral to whatever app is involved, drivers are a desktop OS issue.)

Please clarify just what is actual problem? Is this a matter where the TeamViewer app on your Alcatel phones are 'crashing', or is this occurring on the TeamViewer application running on Windows PCs? In either case, there's likely to be some kind of configuration/set up issue. TeamViewer is a popular and well used remote desktop service and works pretty much seamlessly in multi-platform situations.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
First sorry for so many posts I missed the part on the first 2 where admin has to approve. @admin if you want to delete the others I don't want to get flagged for spam.

I have tried removing the host app. Reboot and reinstall. Reboot again

I have also tried removing host app and installing Team Viewer quick support app which is what team viewer advised.

Additionally regarding the business account thing. That's really only necessary if you are admining more then 1 device at a time. For example, if I had one staff admining 2 devices at once or 2 staff both admin their own individual devices. Then you would have to upgrade.

I'm half tempted to reset the phone and reinstall but I don't want to go that route until we test out all solutions.

Upvote 0
Okay so the TeamViewer app is no longer installed. It has the quick support app now as I Uninstaller the TV app and downloaded quick support per TV instructions.

Should I reinstall TV again and look for that setting to clear the data?

This is all I see on the quick support app. Lmk tytyty

Attachments

• 20220703_191535.jpg
    20220703_191535.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220703_191522.jpg
    20220703_191522.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Your reference to 'installing a driver' is confusing. Again, either you're referring to a Windows install or you're using the word 'driver' as a substitute for the actual term. Please stop this and use the actual terminology that you see in any error or set up message. Also keep in mind you are intentionally violating TeamViewer's Terms of Service. But anyway, installing additional services shouldn't be necessary to get the basic TeamViewer service working so stop trying to make a simple task into a complicated one. Get things working first, then add things later if actually needed -- with TeamViewer running on both the phone and the remote PC, you'll be presented with a user I.D. and password. The host TeamViewer uses that I.D and password to log into that device remotely.

Upvote 0
Please clarify what 'client' you were allegedly forced to install. Don't use wording for what you think is appropriate, use the actual name of whatever it is. Assuming it's a TeamViewer addon app, just state the actual name of the app.

Also, just to confirm. Are you installing these apps from the Google Play Store, or are you sideloading APK files from some independent web site? If sideloading, which site?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay so I have an update fam

Is there an easy way to control multiple android devices from the PC when connected via USB? I would need the devices to connect to 4g for their data but be controlled via PC USB for their control.

In this scenario we could simply remote control the PC itself via Chrome remote desktop and then our assistance could control the phones from that remote desktop. This way phones are directly connected and controlled via PC use.

Lmk tyty

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones