Acid Audio Engine

1. mrrom

mrrom Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    I was Literally JUST about to go searching for this before stopping in.
    I hate the audio on this phone

**update VERY IMPORTANT**

after flashing both zips (mod first, then add on) wipe dalvik cache in "advanced" option.

UPON REBOOT YOU WILL GET TO "ANDROID UPGRADING" SCREEN AND REBOOT UP TO SIX TIMES!
    DO NOT PULL YOUR BATTERY OR PLUG YOUR PHONE INTO A CHARGER OR YOU MAY GET STUCK.
    let the system do it's thing, it can take up to ten minutes but it works wonderfully.
    Sepero likes this.
  3. aethervagrant

aethervagrant Well-Known Member

My first reboot installed Acid, it wasnt till several restarts later thatI got another 'upgrading' screen and the dolby mobile app showed up. After it reboots itself I would restart the phone a time or two manually to see if it does anything else before considering it g2g
  4. Tokenpoke

I'm ocd about stuff so here's what I Did...

Backedup rom twice.
    Installed acid mod
    Wiped dalvik
    Had two reboots
    Installed addon
    Wiped dalvik
    Had one reboot

Restored rom
    Installed acid
    Wiped dalvik
    Installed addon
    Wiped dalvik
    Had four reboots

Restored rom
    Installed acid
    Installed addon
    Wiped dalvik
    Had six reboots

Each method worked equally fine as far as I could tell with five minutes of testing between reboots on two different phones
  5. Tokenpoke

I should add that to get the addon working properly you need to disable dts and enable "noozioxid" under settings>sound>music effects
  6. leozav

leozav Member

I don't see a difference in my audio and in the spur of the moment, I forgot to make a backup. Any way to fix it now?
  7. Tokenpoke

Have you fiddled with the settings?

I know there is an uninstall script around somewhere... you could Also reflash whatever rom you are using without factory resetting but wipe dalvik.
  8. Tokenpoke

Also, try fix permissions in cwm.
    Backup rom first
  9. leozav

leozav Member

Yeah, I switched the audio effect on. I noticed there is a program that was installed that has a whole bunch of options and an equalizer, but when I change those things, my audio doesn't change with it. Oh well, thanks!
  10. sleepininca

sleepininca Well-Known Member

I installed ...wiping dalvik before and after each zip. Had one reboot after the initial android upg ading. Acid and Dolby are both installed and working awesome. Thanks mrrom.
    Tokenpoke likes this.
  11. mrrom

mrrom Well-Known Member

Welcome bro
  12. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

Once you install the mod, go to system settings>sound>music effects and change the equalizer to Noozxoide.

Plug in headphones or speakers, and open a song.

Then, open Noozxoide settings and open the line-put settings. Turn on whatever setting and select it's strength. Should change in real-time.
  13. leozav

leozav Member

I just noticed when I try to change the equalizer to Noozxoide, a message pops up saying MusicFX has stopped working.

Also, I used Spotify to play my music. Could that also be a reason it does not work?
  14. davism

davism Well-Known Member

read instructions. read them again, then re=read them. Also known as RTFM.
    When you disable the buikt-in fx and DTS then it works. At least on mine. Running Darkside Bound latest release (Thanks, KllCmd!) with NO problems, NO spontaneous reboots and now awesome sound!
  15. sleepininca

Heres the deal bro, Do like the man says and disable dts sound, select the new music eq under music settings. Then under built in......thats the eq and mods for the speaker. Line in is the eq for the headphone/line out jack. Wireless... well I mean you can figure that one out right? Bluetooth speaker bars and the like. Also, when using music players you may need to select the eq to use in app. One last thing to note, when using the built in speaker, remember to switch the dolby toggle EVERY time! It defaults to headphones otherwise.

Now if it doesn't work for you after that it is one of two things....spotify may not work with it, or the setup may be beyond you. If it is the later I would recommend visiting the original thread and maybe an F.A.Q. thread. Please note I do not say this to be an asshat. Just some good old advice that really works. ;)

Now for everyone else who may be wondering (as I was), you CAN disable/freeze/uninstall the nooz player. It is completely unnecessary, unless you like the whole windows media center look. For me, it was ugly and non intuitive. Otherwise though, this mod is tits. Big ol sexy tits.

:D
  16. davism

davism Well-Known Member

The sound mod is great, but skip the add-on. It's a rip-off version of Zune that can't read playlists and worst of all you can't turn off without rebooting the phone.It looks pretty but overheats the phone. Use Power Amp. Don't use power amps built-in eq, tick Music FX on the tone settings page. As long as you have followed directions for enabling Noozy in the phone's SETTINGS:SOUND:MUSIC FX page you are good to go.
  17. sleepininca

Can you explain what apps are in the add on? I installed both and don't feel like restoring (done some work on it since my backup), so if you had a list I could begin manually uninstalling/freezing to make an uninstall guide (if its even tricky).
  18. davism

davism Well-Known Member

Noozy player is the add-on. according to original thread at XDA do a nandroid 1st, because uninstall is done by restoring your nandroid bckup...... so I just froze Noozy w/ TiBu for now so I got big sexy hairy pecs with PowerAmp (personal preferences :rolleyes: )
  19. boneface

boneface Well-Known Member Contributor

someone should do a youtube vid for reference sound quality of before and after using the phone speaker and bluetooth.
    im using the stock music player with dsp and through headphones it sounds pretty much as good as it can get.
    the phone speaker, well it sounds exactly like what it is...a phone speaker. not even the best phone speaker in the world with the best audio plugins sounds any good.
    I mix on milion dollar sound systems everyday for a living...so i pretty much gawk at anything like beats or other "audio enhancing" softwares
  20. sleepininca

I froze it as well, I think I removed it already also. have to go check.
  21. sleepininca

Boneface I used to work soundboards for the local radio stations here, so I have a good ear. This mod will spank that shit into a decent sound. Then the eq and enhancements make it a whole new device soundwise. This mod is absolutely worth it. Do it, you will thank us later. Swear bro. Also, you could do your own before/After video! lol
  22. boneface

makin vids isnt my thing, and ill stick with dsp since its used in the acid mod anyway lol
  23. sleepininca

That's a serious loss on your part my friend, but to each their own.:smokingsomb:
  24. Tokenpoke

I'm a musician and spend a good amount of time tinkering with sound.
    One of my original complaints with the phone was that the audio sounded crunched and slightly muffled. Meaning the range was extremely compressed and lows tended to blot out the mids.
    After acid mod I can listen to my recordings and others at higher volumes without audio crunch and lows are nice and clear compared to before.
  25. boneface

idk, i spent the last few days going over these "sound mods" while making updates to stock76.
    what i want to know is, does any of these actually sound any different than just using the stock music player and using dsp manager with DTS turned off?
    at any rate, all these mods are are just hacked up files from other apps. eq and compression settings from this and that. which is whatever. dsp manager with only the eq enabled still owns it for me.
    You also gotta think about the cans your using. i prefer a flat response. headphones with a boosted or cut frequency range just dont cut it for me.

*edit..like i say, it just comes down to a good multiband eq, as mentioned in the video below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cdbn_pmxFic