• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ACS] One Click Root for Warp.

You can run apps like root explorer and adfree. In general it allows you to use apps that require root user permissions. Try adfree app from the market and you will get the idea of the possibilities. If you play games like angry birds with the ads in them adfree will cut them out.
BTW nice youtube videos. Helped me decide whether or not to get the Warp.

One word: Tether! :-D

Upvote 0
It almost looks like you're not running the root tool from the right directly. Unzip it, open a DOS shell, change to the directory where it's unzipped, and run it from the command line there.

yea..im having the same problem but i was wondering if you could maybe dumb down your answer a bit..you lost me at "unzip it"...
on the folders i downloaded for whatever reason they wont show up on my desktop and unzipping them isnt an option when i click on them...

Upvote 0
yea..im having the same problem but i was wondering if you could maybe dumb down your answer a bit..you lost me at "unzip it"...
on the folders i downloaded for whatever reason they wont show up on my desktop and unzipping them isnt an option when i click on them...
OMG:eek:
Just open the folder and copy the folder inside of it and paste it to your desktop. I guess people dont know what file compression, zip, and rar are these days. I bet they know what 7zip is though.

Upvote 0

First post here, and it turns out to be PCish instead of Androidy ... anyway, I wonder if your browser's default download location is somewhere other than your desktop. Often the default is your documents folder or something similar.

But wait ... if you say unzipping them isn't an option, then I guess you're finding them wherever they are. The choice for unzipping on a standard Windows system is Extract, not Unzip. Any chance you're seeing that?

Upvote 0

well, depending on the OS your using, The default location for downloads is c:\users\(yourname)\Downloads\ for windows vista/7. If you have windows vista/7 you should be able to right click and extract those files. If not, you can download either winrar or 7zip for free (trial version for winrar with full functionality i believe), install and right click the downloaded file and extract.

[EDIT]
and if all else fails...
0017218.jpg

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=winrar

Upvote 0
IDK what I am doing wrong I followed the instructions but I still can not get root on my phone please help

I had issues rooting my warp, I was just about to give up and I read in another thread that changing to another USB port on your computer can help as some ports aren't "recognized". I tried that-(I was trying to use a port on the front of my PC and I unplugged my speakers and hooked the phone in there.) VIOLA!!! now I'm rooted and enjoying all the joys of superuser and adfree, and really enjoying the wireless tethering. Watch knoxville363's root vid and it's just too easy....;)

Upvote 0
I had issues rooting my warp, I was just about to give up and I read in another thread that changing to another USB port on your computer can help as some ports aren't "recognized". I tried that-(I was trying to use a port on the front of my PC and I unplugged my speakers and hooked the phone in there.) VIOLA!!! now I'm rooted and enjoying all the joys of superuser and adfree, and really enjoying the wireless tethering. Watch knoxville363's root vid and it's just too easy....;)

Hey, which wireless tethering app are you using?

Upvote 0
no really, cause I have a motorola i1 and I rooted, and it get connected but don't get internet access. I get a "Enabling NAT Rules failed". That's why I bought the warp thinking that it will have an netfilter-enabled kernel since is a android 2.3. while motorola i1 is android 1.5. help please.
Dude he answered you already. Wireless Tether for Root Users is an app in the market and it works for the warp if your rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones