• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Active Icons?

ironmysox

Lurker
Apr 19, 2010
Hi all,

I'm a new android user (Nexus S for Xmas from wifey). I have been reading through this forum most of the evening, looking at apps, hints and tips etc and then I stumbled across the themes section. Now I am amazed at how creative you can be with Android. I have started to fiddle about but the one thing I notice in a lot of screen shots are counters on the email, sms and calls icons. Now I only get notifications in the bar at the top, not on my icons. Is that a separate app that does that? My wife's iPhone does it with facebook notifications, emails etc and it looks very very similar.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hey there, I'm surprised no one has replied.

However, I believe this may be something you are looking for:

SMS Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

It is called SMS Unread Count and it shows a little number in the corner of the icon of the amount of messages you have, and I believe it does the same for the number of phone calls as well. There are actually a few different ones that can do stuff like that, one for gmail mail account on your phone, and etc... Here are a few more links of different unread count apps:

Gmail Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

Missed Calls Widget - Android app on AppBrain

Missed Call Alert - Android app on AppBrain

Hope that gets you started, and welcome to the board! :)

Reactions: nehcney
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones