• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps ADB doesnt work =(

chaoz1336

Dec 9, 2008
here's a short version of my prob:

my Windows XP 32 detects my G1 as a MassStorage, (without additional drivers) but I want to install Applications via USB.

So I installed the "windows usb driver", and turned "USB debugging" on. (Also tried to disable mass-storage mode).

Only prob: the installation of the usb-driver ends with an error and adb doesnt find any device.

pls help me!!! :(

I've got the same prob.....
I have worked through the HelloAndroid tutorial, using Eclipse, and have a signed and verified .apk file. However, I can't seem to get the adb package to work! When I connect my G1, my PC recognises it, but "adb devices" doesn't list anything!
Anyone else found this? How can I easily install developments onto the G1?
I'm on Windows XP. I tried the android_windows.zip driver update, and that didn't work. I've tried adb install and adb devices with the G1 mounted and unmounted, no luck.
Cheers
Iain

Upvote 0
@iaindownie -> u are not alone ^^
@swizz -> imagine u put a new usb device on yourt pc.
the dialog "new device found" appears and wants u 2 install the drivers. u select the right folder, he founds the drivers, copys them into the windows-dir and then the last dialog shows u what drivers have been installed. on this last dialog I get an error "could not be installed", even if the drivers were copied right...

greetz

Upvote 0
I'm having exactly the same problem as Chaoz1336 on Windows. However, I also tried it on a Mac and my "adb devices" lists nothing. The windows doesn't pop up with anything useful, and it won't let me install the drivers (even if I remove the drivers via control panels). I haven't tried USD Debugging yet, not sure if that's essential step or not....
Iain

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones