• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding another Smart Phone to Existing plan

krs123

Jun 14, 2010
SC
I have the 1400 minute plan for myself and my daughter and unlimited Data. Have had for some time now.

My question is...If I add another new line of service with a smartphone, do I get unlimited Data on this line also.

If not, can I keep the same plan and have unlimited on the current 2 lines and only the one new with the limited data?

I heard something about 4gb being offered also. Thanks for any advice.

I have the 1400 minute plan for myself and my daughter and unlimited Data. Have had for some time now.

My question is...If I add another new line of service with a smartphone, do I get unlimited Data on this line also.

If not, can I keep the same plan and have unlimited on the current 2 lines and only the one new with the limited data?

I heard something about 4gb being offered also. Thanks for any advice.

The new phone you add will be subject to the tiered data plans but you can keep your unlimited plan on the phones that have it. I just did this with my step-son in December.

The double data (4GB) is a promotion VZW runs from time to time. I there was one started last weekend maybe, I'm not sure if it is still going on. Essentially, you pay for 2GB and get 4GB.

I hope this helps.:)

Reactions: Yeahha
Upvote 0
Thanks... If I can't get the 4gb. I will probably wait.

Keep an eye on these two sites as sometimes they get rumors about upcoming promos. If you know before it is announced, you can do a little advanced planning.

Android Phone - this is actually part of this site and covers all phones and carriers
http://www.droid-life.com - this usually is geared more towards VZW news and phones

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Yeahha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones