• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding buddies to eBuddy

You have to create an account with eBuddy.

Then, in the App, click the big @ sign at the top right, once there, click the Menu button to add your IM account logins (AIM login, GTalk login, etc.)

Once you've done that, click back to the Buddies tab, and click the Menu button, and click Add Buddy. Choose the account you want to add the buddy to.

Upvote 0
BookLover,

Thanks for the help so far.

I had previously made it to the end of your instructions but got stopped and then asked here. After I click on the Buddies Tab and then Click Menu I don't have an Add Buddy option. I have Search, About, Settings and Logout.

I've looked all through the settings and couldn't find an Add Buddy option.

I feel like an idiot because I'm a pretty tech savy guy and still can't find it.

If it makes a difference, I'm only trying to set up gmail IM.

Thanks

Upvote 0
BookLover,

Thanks for the help so far.

I had previously made it to the end of your instructions but got stopped and then asked here. After I click on the Buddies Tab and then Click Menu I don't have an Add Buddy option. I have Search, About, Settings and Logout.

I've looked all through the settings and couldn't find an Add Buddy option.

I feel like an idiot because I'm a pretty tech savy guy and still can't find it.

If it makes a difference, I'm only trying to set up gmail IM.

Thanks

That is very strange. I just checked on my phone, and I definitely do have the Add Buddy icon.

The icons that show up when I click the Menu button are:
Add Buddy, Search, Settings, About, Logout

Perhaps if you uninstall and reinstall eBuddy, that might fix this prob?

Reactions: cobra46
Upvote 0
BookLover,

That was strange. I uninstalled and reinstalled and there were no changes from before. The Add Buddy option was not available after adding my gmail acct.

So I tried deleting my gmail acct and adding my yahoo acct and then my buddy list auto populated. I then pressed menu and low and behold...there's the Add Buddy option. I then added my gmail acct and it too auto populated. Then I deleted my yahoo acct and all is good.

From what I can tell, this may be a bug. It appears that the order in which one adds their accts determines if the buddy list auto populates as well if the Add Buddy option is present.

At any rate,

Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones