• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding custom wallpaper to my tablet

Drew75

Lurker
Jan 27, 2014
I have an Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 and want to add a custom wallpaper I made to it. What size does it need to be? I downloaded one I made to the tablet, but it's only available in 'QuickPic Wallpaper' (the app I'm using for a photo gallery) and the wallpaper is too large in the sizing area.

Did you try zooming (with a pinch gesture)? Larger shouldn't be a problem, as QuickPic should let you zoom out. However, if the aspect ratio is wrong you won't be able to fit it all in.

According to the specs the screen resolution is 1920x1200, so for a non-scrolling wallpaper that's the size you'd want. Not sure what size would be optimal for scrolling though.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Okay, I made it 1920x1200, copied it to the 'Pictures' folder in 'Internal Storage', but the pinch doesn't seem to be working and a good deal of the wallpaper is cut off.

Here's a shot of the screen where it's showing the area it can grab.
hiGnx6c.jpg

And here it is set as the wallpaper.
NSMLnhC.jpg

I've tried pinching out to get all of it, but it doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones