• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding detailed contact information

Susquatch

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Hi there. This is my first post.

I can add a street and street number to the address field. But I cannot figure out how to add a city, postal code, state, country, etc to my contacts other than by making them all one entry. This would make using them later with mail merge tools quite difficult. Can anyone here help me make these additional address fields show up so I can fill them in?

Cheers!

Hi there. This is my first post.

I can add a street and street number to the address field. But I cannot figure out how to add a city, postal code, state, country, etc to my contacts other than by making them all one entry. This would make using them later with mail merge tools quite difficult. Can anyone here help me make these additional address fields show up so I can fill them in?

Cheers!

Search for and download "Contact Editor Pro" from the Google Play store and then click on the " +" plus button next to the Address detail for any contact and only add separate details for each time you press the plus button.

For example add the post code in and then press the plus button on the address detail again to duplicate a new set of address details and then add in the city in the new set of available address data.

Screenshot_2013-05-14-18-49-45.png

Upvote 0
Can you please, let us know what phone you have and what Contacts app you are using?

I am using a Samsung Rugby running 4.1 Droid OS, and the standard Droid Contacts App.

There is a button where I can tap on to add a new field.

Yes, I have a button too, but it will not add sub-fields like city, state, etc. It only adds a whole new Address field.

Cheers!!!!

Upvote 0
Search for and download "Contact Editor Pro" from the Google Play store and then click on the " +" plus button next to the Address detail for any contact and only add separate details for each time you press the plus button.

If I understand correctly, what you are suggesting is that the Standard Built-In Google Contacts app can't do what I want. :( Although it seems quite archaic to have to do it that way, I have no problem adding a third party app to do it. But will that make my contacts incompatible with GMail?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Search for and download "Contact Editor Pro" from the Google Play store

It was only three dollars on the PlayStore so I bought and installed it. It works great even if a bit more than I needed. What is wierd is that all my contact address info shows up in GMail after a sync perfect, but when it comes back to my contacts on the phone it is all joined into the one address field! No matter though, I do not use mail merge and the like on my phone. Contact Edit Pro is a good solution.

then click on the " +" plus button next to the Address detail for any contact and only add separate details for each time you press the plus button.

For some reason, this is not a required step on my phone. Contact Manager Pro automatically shows the additional address fields so I can fill them in. Furthermore, if I edit the contact after the sync mentioned above, the data all shos up in the correct fields. Somehow or another my built in contact app concatenates them for display only unless they are created on my phone (without Contact Editor Pro) in which case they are concatenated permanently.

Thanks for the suggestion. Contact Editor Pro works perfectly for me. :)

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones