• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding services

gtkashi

Lurker
Apr 28, 2010
I am curious if there is some way to add services to the Timescape app, or even to the android phone itself.

I received the phone through a company called NTT Docomo. The original services listed in Timescape were Facebook, Twitter, and Mixi (a Japanese MySpace-like site).

I recently decided to "debrand" the phone by forcing it to switch to generic firmware. Since doing so the "Mixi" service is no longer available, with nothing taking its place. Only Facebook and Twitter are available. I have seen in videos other x10s' Timescape having Myspace on the list.

While I get the feeling these can only be forced into place by the local carriers at some layer of the software that I cannot access, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to force some of these services into Timescape in spite of this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones