1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Adfree advertisement blocking app download (no longer available in play store)

1. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru Guide

Notice: I'm not promoting advertisement blocking. Ads do help the developers produce better software, and they deserve to get paid.

I'm posting this because I recently found out that the app adfree is not in the play store. I don't know if it will return soon or ever. For now, it can be downloaded from the developer website here - AdFree Main Menu

Advertisement
    :
    Timmay0106 and Lateralus138 like this.
  2. Lateralus138

Lateralus138 Well-Known Member

I don't know why they removed it from the store, but I have been using it on some of my devices for a while and have still been getting host file updates so at least we know they are still keeping the project going. Thanks.
  3. Gorf123

Gorf123 Member

The developers could probably help avoid us feeling the need for ad-removal software: Ads are often unintrusive, such as the ones that display during an app's startup or shutdown, but usually they are displayed on a lower-third which will never get seen while the app is in use, because the user is busy looking at the app. All these adverts serve to do is drain the battery. I'm thinking of ads that display during the thick of action in games, or the ones that show on apps that run while you're driving.

Like Sepero, I don't have a problem with ad-supported free apps, it's the price the user pays as an alternative to cash. However, the developers can help themselves by placing the ads a little more intelligently....
    Sepero likes this.