• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you think ive been hacked?

• Total voters
Model: Optus X Pro 2 P652 Pro

Topic: Security Certificates

On my phone, I used to go to
settings>security>encrypted...>trusted network security certificates
Then if i disabled a certain certificate/s, (eg.Google) then all Google sites, apps, etc would instantly stop working & notifications pop up every 2 seconds
Recently i did this, disabled all 4 certificates and when i went to open all Google sites, apps, etc... They all still work for some reason.
To me, this clearly means that some one has installed other certificates to mimic or replace these original google certs and they are hidden somewhere either on my phone or on an external source somewhere.
I have tried removing all installed certificates, it does nothing.

I believe my phone has been compromised and was secretly rooted somehow, because all my settings mysteriously change themselves.
When I select certain settings one day, such as:
dev options>background Process limit>set to none..
then a minute later, ill return and its back to standard. Not just that.
Literally ALL settings change... whatever i change that may f+<k with what they're doing, will be changed back as soon as i fall asleep and wake up.

notification settings.... i try to keep them on, they change to off, so i receive no notifications wen i receive emails, updates, in-app msgs, i receive literally no notifications except calls and texts.
To try and counter this hacker, I installed and paid for a brave VPN, it was instantly disabled & unable to work (error would come up saying "your subscription is expired")
braves browser settings also change constantly,

Eg
'Block trackers & ads' changes from "aggressive" to "standard protection"
Incl many more

I really need help , im up against a giant.
is there someone that can help me to somehow confirm this?
The model of phone i have is listed above. I have a LIST of system apps i never installed {over 25-30} ss below.
Incl a program called SYSTEM UI that constantly runs. When i go to developer options>running services
and stop it, My whole phone goes black & reboots 4 some reason. Android webView, and many others. I will include photos. Can someone tell me if it is a hacker or if it is authorities,

If u need any info ask away ill try answer as best as i can

thanks

Last edited:
view

Link for screenshot of network cerrtificatesand i will upload one more ss of system apps

Link2 - list of all system apps (i installed literallyNONE)
view

Or direct link to my googledrive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10XlKS9s-TQ7k3iMt-9raUuhem34X9G1H/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Model: Optus X Pro 2 P652 Pro

Topic: Security Certificates

On my phone, I used to go to
settings>security>encrypted...>net sec cert
Then if i disabled a certain certificate, (eg.Google) then all google sites, apps, etc would instantly stop working.
Recently i did this, disabled all 4 certificates and when i went to open all sites apps etc... & They all still work!
To me, this clearly means that some one has installed other certificates to mimic or replace these original google certs and they are hidden somewhere in either my phone or an external source somewhere.
I have tried removing all certificates, does nothing.
I believe my phone has been compromised and is secretly rooted somehow, because all my settings change themselves. I will select certain settings one day,such as
dev options>background Process limit>set to none..
then in a monute ill return and its back to standard. Not just that. ALL settings change... Such as notification settings, as i try to keep them on, they change to off so i receive no notifications wen i receive emails, updates, literally no notifications except calls and texts. I installed and paid for brave VPN, it was instantly disabled & unable to work, brave settings also change const.

I really need help , im up against a giant.
is there someone that can help me to somehow confirm this?
The model of phone i have is listed above. I have a LIST of system apps i never installed {over 25-30} ss below.
Incl a program called SYSTEM UI that constantly runs. When i go to developer options>running services
and stop it, My whole phone goes black & reboots 4 some reason. Android webView, and many others. I will include photos. Can someone tell me if it is a hacker or if it is authorities,

If u need any info ask away ill try answer as best as i can

view
SCREENSHOT SYSTEM APPS

thanks

Upvote 0
first off system apps are systems apps. they come with the device. not sure why you think someone installed them. system ui is just them the system user interface.

tbh i'm no expert on certificates. from this article, "These security certificates tell a user if a website or app is trusted by Android and if your information is safe on that platform" so it sounds like you would want them on your device....yes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones