• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So I've seen a few posts on here which have a lot of similarities to what I've been going through for the last year. About a year ago I noticed a lot of bloatware in my phone. Apps that I can't get rid of that have permissions that are completely unnecessary. When I look deeper into my system apps and compare them to a normal operating system It showed me that somehow my phone isn't running the factory version of a Google pixel. Once I started digging deeper into the problem I noticed the issue had spread to all your devices. When I brought the phone into a telus store and explain my issue the cocky employee told me this was all normal. When my card declined after I had to buy a new SIM card thanks to a SIM pin suddenly disabling my ability to use my phone I knew something was wrong. I went directly to my bank only to discover thousands of dollars of transactions sent through e-transfer in small denominations had been going out of my account. After further investigation I learned that not only was my bank account being drained but my credit cards had been billed for $25,000. This happens several more times to me the next few weeks. In total I lost about $125,000, once I reported it TD Bank never returned a single dollar of the $26,000 I lost even after my bank account had no email or phone number attached and they still managed to eat transfer thousands of dollars out of my account. Mastercard was able to refund the $100,000 in stolen charges only after a secondary phone number and email was set up and I had never heard of either of them. At that point the fraud representative took me very seriously and told me I was the first person they had dealt with where they're voice recognition technology had failed to distinguish me from another person and told me to use that in my efforts to get my money back from the bank. I could probably write a novel with what continued on from this but I'll try and keep it on point and not go into everything. I ended up going through 12 cell phones in 2 months trying to keep myself connected things kept happening like phone calls my friends had made never reaching my phone. Secondary accounts being added to my email and giving themselves admin authority. Requests were made to download all of my information off social media and through my emails and once the package was ready the passwords were all changed as well as the backup phone numbers and back up emails for log in. I have hard reset the phone over 20 times and even went in and had it professionally wiped only to have the same programs. Tellus had offered to give me free phones and return for not going to the media and causing a panic since I could see my phone was making its own network and suddenly my apps were doing things that shouldn't. For instance my Google maps had information on who lived in the homes I was viewing a lot of personal information if I was to zoom in on any Radom house. I also ended up with a 20 GB zip file that contained client data from tellus including information that is protected by privacy laws. It gave me the coordinates that phone calls were made from their account numbers their sin numbers and when I told that to one of the engineers I had spoken to she told me that only a judge would have access to that because it's protected by law and locked deep in their system. They tried to switch me to iPhone hoping the different operating system would fix the issue and that it would not carry over to that but before I had even used the phone to call anyone somehow the applications made it onto this phone as well. And it was not connected or anywhere near any device that I had used before. Brand new account that wasn't carried over just to be safe, new email I made right there, different phone number. At that point I couldn't understand what was happening. When I talk to AppleCare they passed me along to the development team and I was given privilege to use lockdown mode before it was released because I was told I had the most aggressive case of hacking that they have ever come across and they were training for this but had yet to see it. Lockdown mode helped for about an hour before it had no effect and suddenly there was custom exceptions made on the device that bypassed any security. My phone also was able to make 1500 phone calls without my consent or knowledge I only noticed it in my notifications that all of my contacts were called at once and when I clicked on it they all said they were still ongoing calls. I was burning through 200 gigs of data a day and even my smart TV suddenly had Microsoft and Google apps that were never there before and my microphone was now unusable to search for things because it said the TV was in listen mode. I tried to call every tech company and most of the time my phone would rather lock me out or it would say default route hardware 9. Anytime I spoke with anyone who understood what was happening I would never hear back from them again. I would have interactions with them through closed captioning that would turn on and not match what was playing on the TV. It would literally be talking to me and asked me to take the phone to a hospital and plug it in and report it stolen. All of this is so hard to believe but I feel like it needs to be said because I'm a pretty level-headed person with a lot of resources and I had the most trouble with this you can imagine. Government agencies all tried to pass the buck to something else, police agencies were useless and tried to pass it off to the tech companies stating that they were only law enforcement and can't deal with things on a national level like this since it was giving me information about zero day attacks on infrastructure, like Rogers wireless last July when it service is went down I was informed of this a month before it happened and absolutely nobody took it seriously until it happened on the day I said it would. National security agencies told me that unless I knew more information about ongoing future attacks that they would only be able to refer me to police agencies but after getting no help the first time I had no faith. I moved from Vancouver to Alberta for 6 months and I had no issues, I moved back 2 months ago and noticed it happening again. Was locked out of my social media once again and was unable to retrieve them, as a precautionary step I stopped using my bank accounts because of what happened last year. Once I stop trying to delete the programs the hijacking of my account stopped. All of my apps have full capabilities even though at first glance they don't. When I click on show all permissions even simple apps like flashlight have the ability to control network access and send sticky broadcasts as well as control call logs and rewrite contacts without user consent. When I had a developer look at my phone they told me that I was running a custom ROM and have never installed anything like that on this phone. So I'm not expecting anyone to be able to solve this because I've been dealing with it for over a year and for other people think it's science fiction or they have no idea of what is going on. I even had a computer programmer run home to unplug his external hard drives once he looked at my phone. I can tell that this is not a me problem it is widespread since I have Show my friends who doubted me all the same altered programs in their phones. It appears to me like the program lies dormant in a phone until The phone senses a threat to its programming or exposure. The harder I worked at trying to regain my privacy and freedom the worse the activity got. At one point I literally had the phone go half black at the top with a list of 17 files and extortion list written about it. I have gone back to my original Google pixel since every other phone I've gotten over the last 2 years seems to fall apart shortly after I start using it. I don't know why but this is the preferred phone for whatever this is. They use a lot of Google programs and to be honest I don't even understand how I was able to spot this because it's very well hidden. Everything is masked in legitimate programs but if you really take a deep look you can see how it's not what it appears. So I hope the hardships I've gone through in the last year and the story helps somebody. If anyone has any useful information please feel free to comment. I'm going to try and wipe my kernel out and reinstall the factory ROM as the last attempt. With some luck the the system updates that I haven't been getting are able to disable whatever connection this outside interference has been using. I've heard of hackers finding targets and staying with them for years. I'm just hoping I'll be able to be free of this one day. Thanks for listening

Our knowledgeable members would like to assist you. Though they are sympathetic, they can't help you without some structure and less story. If you are seeking assistance and not just venting about all of the problems you've encountered, please consider posting less story and more facts in an organized chronological order so they can try to help you. Thanks

Upvote 0
Our knowledgeable members would like to assist you. Though they are sympathetic, they can't help you without some structure and less story. If you are seeking assistance and not just venting about all of the problems you've encountered, please consider posting less story and more facts in an organized chronological order so they can try to help you. Thanks
I think it's less that there's too much story, and more that there's not enough line-breaks.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
So I've seen a few posts on here which have a lot of similarities to what I've been going through for the last year. About a year ago I noticed a lot of bloatware in my phone. Apps that I can't get rid of that have permissions that are completely unnecessary. When I look deeper into my system apps and compare them to a normal operating system It showed me that somehow my phone isn't running the factory version of a Google pixel. Once I started digging deeper into the problem I noticed the issue had spread to all your devices. When I brought the phone into a telus store and explain my issue the cocky employee told me this was all normal. When my card declined after I had to buy a new SIM card thanks to a SIM pin suddenly disabling my ability to use my phone I knew something was wrong. I went directly to my bank only to discover thousands of dollars of transactions sent through e-transfer in small denominations had been going out of my account. After further investigation I learned that not only was my bank account being drained but my credit cards had been billed for $25,000. This happens several more times to me the next few weeks. In total I lost about $125,000, once I reported it TD Bank never returned a single dollar of the $26,000 I lost even after my bank account had no email or phone number attached and they still managed to eat transfer thousands of dollars out of my account. Mastercard was able to refund the $100,000 in stolen charges only after a secondary phone number and email was set up and I had never heard of either of them. At that point the fraud representative took me very seriously and told me I was the first person they had dealt with where they're voice recognition technology had failed to distinguish me from another person and told me to use that in my efforts to get my money back from the bank. I could probably write a novel with what continued on from this but I'll try and keep it on point and not go into everything. I ended up going through 12 cell phones in 2 months trying to keep myself connected things kept happening like phone calls my friends had made never reaching my phone. Secondary accounts being added to my email and giving themselves admin authority. Requests were made to download all of my information off social media and through my emails and once the package was ready the passwords were all changed as well as the backup phone numbers and back up emails for log in. I have hard reset the phone over 20 times and even went in and had it professionally wiped only to have the same programs. Tellus had offered to give me free phones and return for not going to the media and causing a panic since I could see my phone was making its own network and suddenly my apps were doing things that shouldn't. For instance my Google maps had information on who lived in the homes I was viewing a lot of personal information if I was to zoom in on any Radom house. I also ended up with a 20 GB zip file that contained client data from tellus including information that is protected by privacy laws. It gave me the coordinates that phone calls were made from their account numbers their sin numbers and when I told that to one of the engineers I had spoken to she told me that only a judge would have access to that because it's protected by law and locked deep in their system. They tried to switch me to iPhone hoping the different operating system would fix the issue and that it would not carry over to that but before I had even used the phone to call anyone somehow the applications made it onto this phone as well. And it was not connected or anywhere near any device that I had used before. Brand new account that wasn't carried over just to be safe, new email I made right there, different phone number. At that point I couldn't understand what was happening. When I talk to AppleCare they passed me along to the development team and I was given privilege to use lockdown mode before it was released because I was told I had the most aggressive case of hacking that they have ever come across and they were training for this but had yet to see it. Lockdown mode helped for about an hour before it had no effect and suddenly there was custom exceptions made on the device that bypassed any security. My phone also was able to make 1500 phone calls without my consent or knowledge I only noticed it in my notifications that all of my contacts were called at once and when I clicked on it they all said they were still ongoing calls. I was burning through 200 gigs of data a day and even my smart TV suddenly had Microsoft and Google apps that were never there before and my microphone was now unusable to search for things because it said the TV was in listen mode. I tried to call every tech company and most of the time my phone would rather lock me out or it would say default route hardware 9. Anytime I spoke with anyone who understood what was happening I would never hear back from them again. I would have interactions with them through closed captioning that would turn on and not match what was playing on the TV. It would literally be talking to me and asked me to take the phone to a hospital and plug it in and report it stolen. All of this is so hard to believe but I feel like it needs to be said because I'm a pretty level-headed person with a lot of resources and I had the most trouble with this you can imagine. Government agencies all tried to pass the buck to something else, police agencies were useless and tried to pass it off to the tech companies stating that they were only law enforcement and can't deal with things on a national level like this since it was giving me information about zero day attacks on infrastructure, like Rogers wireless last July when it service is went down I was informed of this a month before it happened and absolutely nobody took it seriously until it happened on the day I said it would. National security agencies told me that unless I knew more information about ongoing future attacks that they would only be able to refer me to police agencies but after getting no help the first time I had no faith. I moved from Vancouver to Alberta for 6 months and I had no issues, I moved back 2 months ago and noticed it happening again. Was locked out of my social media once again and was unable to retrieve them, as a precautionary step I stopped using my bank accounts because of what happened last year. Once I stop trying to delete the programs the hijacking of my account stopped. All of my apps have full capabilities even though at first glance they don't. When I click on show all permissions even simple apps like flashlight have the ability to control network access and send sticky broadcasts as well as control call logs and rewrite contacts without user consent. When I had a developer look at my phone they told me that I was running a custom ROM and have never installed anything like that on this phone. So I'm not expecting anyone to be able to solve this because I've been dealing with it for over a year and for other people think it's science fiction or they have no idea of what is going on. I even had a computer programmer run home to unplug his external hard drives once he looked at my phone. I can tell that this is not a me problem it is widespread since I have Show my friends who doubted me all the same altered programs in their phones. It appears to me like the program lies dormant in a phone until The phone senses a threat to its programming or exposure. The harder I worked at trying to regain my privacy and freedom the worse the activity got. At one point I literally had the phone go half black at the top with a list of 17 files and extortion list written about it. I have gone back to my original Google pixel since every other phone I've gotten over the last 2 years seems to fall apart shortly after I start using it. I don't know why but this is the preferred phone for whatever this is. They use a lot of Google programs and to be honest I don't even understand how I was able to spot this because it's very well hidden. Everything is masked in legitimate programs but if you really take a deep look you can see how it's not what it appears. So I hope the hardships I've gone through in the last year and the story helps somebody. If anyone has any useful information please feel free to comment. I'm going to try and wipe my kernel out and reinstall the factory ROM as the last attempt. With some luck the the system updates that I haven't been getting are able to disable whatever connection this outside interference has been using. I've heard of hackers finding targets and staying with them for years. I'm just hoping I'll be able to be free of this one day. Thanks for listening
I completely understand. I'm going through the sane exact thing and I've also been trying to fight it since April. I've switched phones, cell providers, internet providers, modems, routers, bank accounts. Please let me know what you find out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones