• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help needed please help security / big need for bluetooth devices in the home / google phone number unknown on new google accounr. Years of worry

phoenix4747

Oct 24, 2023
Hi all -

ive been in a crap situation for a while now n need some knowledge so im not being taken for a walk over. I had intruder incidents in my home a few years ago, thats in the past although it was quite a stressful time seeing as only paperwork was moved about, i misplaced some i.d n thats now been sorted although culprit still unknown. Cos of my past situation some friends come n stay throughout the week to keep me company n ive known them for years ive nothing to my name as stopped work due to stress ive a few questions about whats happening now technology wise n im wondering what your thoughts are n if i can obtain some tech knowledge safety precautions/ settings at home n on my phone etc a huge thank you in advance.

A - Every phone i get i always have issues with it rings or i look ar dial screen n actual numbers appear i didnt enter so i changed phones n 1 phone i did smart switch to trf apps n it trfd games 3 in particular id installed on play store on my prev phone n uninstalled. When one of my friends got a new phone he had the exact same 3 game apps on his phone he showed me when i queried ir with him, 1 of them is constsntly going on about bluetooth devices 24/7 eg saying to me you should get this device as it has bluetooth or i got you a radio or i got you a mini juke box as they it has bluetooth so you can listen to music etc n ive not lostened to music for ages. I had a ferrero roche box fly off my kitchen side n could only put it down to a ghost unless there was someone in my wall i know it sounds mad please dont judge me these are facts I know it sounds crazy hence why its taken me ages to join a forum n talk to someone.

B - Wifi query - Then i get broadband initially my wifi would only work when a lead was in the router to splitter and my sky puck box (so you dont have to have a dish) router lead from puck to splitter speed 19 mb/s meant to be 49 mb/s i called provider to arrange an engineer to come out woke up the nxt day yo find router lead from puck to splittet out of the socket n only the lead 2 small ends i dont have a landline so the lead now goes from router to the splitter n speed is now 49 mb/s.

Now i know someone is doing something i just dont know what n how i can find out its frustrating n i apologise for boring you or going on i just need to get some closure on whats happened so i can speak to my friends n move forward n probably move n start again tbh.

C - Googke query. On google account set up n when i forgot the password it gave me the option of texting me it with a number that isnt mine obv just because ive a contact with the last 2 numbers i cant assume its that person obv. I tried going into the google account after finally remembering it as i thought the number would show for some reason n there was no number there. Please help with any thoughts on the above so i can stop wasting energy worrying n get on with my life, thank you massiveley in advance this is a few years worth of querys btw apologise for the essay! :)

Can you cut that down
ChatGPT did it for me :)

I'm currently in a distressing situation and in need of advice regarding technology and safety at home and on my phone. A few years ago, I experienced unsettling intruder incidents at home, which has left me stressed. As a precaution, friends often stay with me.

A - Phone Issue: I consistently face issues with every phone I purchase. Notably, unfamiliar numbers appear on the dial screen, and certain apps seem to transfer between phones unexpectedly.

B - Wi-Fi Issue: Initially, my Wi-Fi worked only with a connected lead, providing a speed of 19 mb/s instead of the promised 49 mb/s. After some adjustments, the speed improved to 49 mb/s, but I suspect some tampering.

C - Google Account Issue: While trying to recover my Google account password, I noticed an unfamiliar phone number associated with the account, raising suspicions.

Any advice or knowledge regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for closure, so I can move on with my life. Thank you in advance.

I'm currently in a distressing situation and in need of advice regarding technology and safety at home and on my phone. A few years ago, I experienced unsettling intruder incidents at home, which has left me stressed. As a precaution, friends often stay with me.

Did You report this to the Police?

A - Phone Issue: I consistently face issues with every phone I purchase. Notably, unfamiliar numbers appear on the dial screen, and certain apps seem to transfer between phones unexpectedly.

Are these new phones or phones you get from your boyfriend?

B - Wi-Fi Issue: Initially, my Wi-Fi worked only with a connected lead, providing a speed of 19 mb/s instead of the promised 49 mb/s. After some adjustments, the speed improved to 49 mb/s, but I suspect some tampering.

Connected lead? Is this your phone or computer?

C - Google Account Issue: While trying to recover my Google account password, I noticed an unfamiliar phone number associated with the account, raising suspicions.

Have you given anyone else access to your Google account? like your boyfriend? or a good friend

Any advice or knowledge regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for closure, so I can move on with my life. Thank you in advance.

Maybe a therapist would help

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones