• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adobe Flash 10.1

It is converting it into html5 on their server than streaming it to you. Skyfire doesn't actually render websites on your phone, it renders it on their servers then streams it to your phone, same with opera mini. That being said flash is old tech that runs like crap, we just need to move onto html5.

Upvote 0
What I want to know is..how is it that the Skyfire browser is 'apparently' able to display SOME flash content.

Also, I've seen some Youtube videos of Optimus phones where the box clearly states Flash 10.1 and video of the phone display flash in-browser.

Someone explain, are these anomalies or fakes?

I watched a video of a guy that had flash on his Optimus V, and he linked me to the .apk file of it. I downloaded it, installed it and whatnot, and it did not display any error messages. As far as I can tell, it works fine, but I haven't tried loading any pages with flash yet. I'll report back with my results here in a few minutes

Upvote 0
I watched a video of a guy that had flash on his Optimus V, and he linked me to the .apk file of it. I downloaded it, installed it and whatnot, and it did not display any error messages. As far as I can tell, it works fine, but I haven't tried loading any pages with flash yet. I'll report back with my results here in a few minutes

Hey bro so can you post the link to the .APK file?

Upvote 0
What I want to know is..how is it that the Skyfire browser is 'apparently' able to display SOME flash content.

Also, I've seen some Youtube videos of Optimus phones where the box clearly states Flash 10.1 and video of the phone display flash in-browser.

Someone explain, are these anomalies or fakes?

There are some overseas versions of the LG Optimus with a different processor that is Flash compatible. The ARMv6 processor in the V is not compatible with Flash.

Upvote 0
Hey bro so can you post the link to the .APK file?

Hey man sorry for the delay I was at work. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5n7t26vbkaitsni

Download it to the root of your SD card, unzip with androzip and install the .apk file.

Be sure to click the thanks button if I helped :D

P.s. Could you keep me posted on if this works for you guys or not? Danke!

Upvote 0
Hey man sorry for the delay I was at work. Here is the link:

flash_for_2.2(Froyo).zip

Download it to the root of your SD card, unzip with androzip and install the .apk file.

Be sure to click the thanks button if I helped :D

P.s. Could you keep me posted on if this works for you guys or not? Danke!

EDIT: Tested this Flash apk and it doesn't work whatsoever :(

Thank you for trying gerbetta but this flash file doesn't help.

Upvote 0
Flash games don't appear to be working. All of my testing was done on Dolphin Browser HD. The Vid I watched said that the stock browser would not support flash at all. At least we can watch flash videos.

Dolphin HD supports flash. It converts to HTML5, so your testing was not valid. The flash you downloaded wasn't working, it was the browser you were using. If you want to test it you would need to use the native browser that doesn't support flash.

Upvote 0
Dolphin HD supports flash. It converts to HTML5, so your testing was not valid. The flash you downloaded wasn't working, it was the browser you were using. If you want to test it you would need to use the native browser that doesn't support flash.

Ah, I see. Well thanks for clearing that up. Time to uninstall it :/ that mother-hubber is taking up 12mb of storage.

Upvote 0

No, it does not convert it to html5. Doing that requires the pages to be loaded and converted on their servers then streamed to you like skyfire. Dolphin HD renders everything on your phone. I even decided to test it again just now despite the fact that I know it wouldn't work and it doesn't do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones