• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Advice needed - Jellybean update for GT N7000

ZamBushman

Lurker
Aug 12, 2014
Hi I live in Zambia
I read some where that you will only receive one official update on a phone, my phone came with gingerbread and was updated to ice cream sandwich, we have not received the jellybean update here or maybe it is because I have already received one update, anyway can I update to jellybean myself, which one is best to use? (English)
Following is all the info on my phone( it is not rooted)

Model numberGT-N7000
Android version 4.0.4
Baseband version N7000XXLRB
Kernel version 3.0.15-N7000XXLRI-CL81102 dpi@ELL167#3 SMP PREEMPT Jul 11 20.04:41 KST 2012
Build number IMM76D.XXLRI

I would really appreciate some advice
Thank you

The number of updates a phone will receive over the course of its support life will vary depending on the phone. More popular phones will likely receive more updates than less popular ones. There is no one update limit on Android phones. A phone manufacturer/carrier can push as many or as few updates as they want (or deem to be feasible) over the lifetime of a phone.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thankyou
What I would like to find out is, most of the rest of the world received jellybean a long time ago, it seems we are not going to get it here, so looking at my phone info given above, can I install it myself, if so which one would you recommend I use (country), I read somewhere the German one is OK, must just select english

Upvote 0
Thankyou
What I would like to find out is, most of the rest of the world received jellybean a long time ago, it seems we are not going to get it here, so looking at my phone info given above, can I install it myself, if so which one would you recommend I use (country), I read somewhere the German one is OK, must just select english

like it has been said. just because there are new android update not all devices will be able to update to them. it really depends on your phone and your carrier. both have a say on if and when your phone gets an update.

you should contact your carrier and see if it is upgrade-able or not.

the other option is to root your phone and try a custom rom as suggested in the above post.

edit: i moved and merge threads to the note forum

Upvote 0
Thank you for answers. I am not sure if the above answers have really answered my original query
Maybe I should have mentioned before, my phone is International
Anyway, just so as to make sure I understand correctly, my second option is to root the phone and install custom rom, is this a better option to finding the official update from another country and installing that, or are they the same thing, I am starting too get more confused than before I asked the original question ha ha

Upvote 0
Thankyou,
one last question, is there so way to contact directly the people responsible ( I'm guessing Samsung) for releasing the country specific firmware, so I can write to them and ask when the update will be released for our country, I am talking about, head office not Samsung dealers/agents.
Would you know of an email address for example

Upvote 0
I have not seen anything on Samsung's website related to firmware updates usually keis just install it for you. There are sites country specific that host custom md5 files ,Read up on this lest you soft brick your device .there are custom files i recently ,found what i needed with your device is working then you need a kitkat file or rom but it has to be for your phone and country ,to old and it is not supported. When you find one make sure there are no issue i once found one and installed it only to have the file have display issues , There are two files out there one is recovery , different names the second is more important the actual o.s .The recover mode is when your phone is no longer functioning properly ,this allows you a command to install the o.s from a zip placed on your internal flash memory or external usually, you can run a software from your p.c to install the file needed . read up on this i can express this enough more than twice i have hosed a tablet so if your learning find a old phone to work on other wise wait for the update

Reactions: ZamBushman
Upvote 0
Your best bet would be Samsung via your country and your carriers website ,from there Google .As humans we want answers to our questions how ever corporations are much like a black holes light goes in nothing goes.Out try learning anything about Microsoft and Apple no one company does a better job of saying nothing in volumes . In the states we should have revived it by now so you should be have it already,but like i said earlier your device may not be eligible for the update or your carrier may decide that it makes more financial sense to sell new phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones