• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AF member private profiles are viewable to anyone when using Tapatalk.

I noticed this few days ago....

Where an AF member can make their profile details private, and you'll usually see this message, and nothing is viewable.
profile.jpg

However when viewing the same profile in Tapatalk rather than in a browser, their details are visible, location details, all their posts, replies and everything, which would be private otherwise.

Reactions: lunatic59
I noticed this few days ago....

Where an AF member can make their profile details private, and you'll usually see this message, and nothing is viewable.
View attachment 112878

However when viewing the same profile in Tapatalk rather than in a browser, their details are visible, location details, all their posts, replies and everything, which would be private otherwise.
Are you logged in when looking at the profile?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Maybe Tapatalk want to make things simple so that it can be compatible with as much forums and its versions as possible.
Possibly, but I do think there's a user privacy issue here that should be resolved, or at least users should be aware of, especially those who have set their profile details to private.

Not sure if it's Xenforo that AF uses, or Tapatalk that needs fixing here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones