• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After 3 days......

Beefyburt64

Oct 23, 2015
So the one thing that really annoys me is the new usb c connection. I have the old type in my car, at work, and 3 at home, all now useless for this phone.
I like the shiny back but know its gonna get scratched so bought a soft clear plastic cover, fits perfectly and works all ok. Good grip as well. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252125360403?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
The battery certainly is better than the Note 3, and I have my screen on full brightness all the time (why wouldn't you!?), and it has lasted over a day.
Don't know how to get pictures and music onto it, as when connected to a pc it wont let me open the files to drag and drop. Doing something wrong here??
Otherwise, so far so good. Getting used to the extra tallness over the Note 3, and the sound is definitely better thanks to the two front speakers.

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaramyan
I may be able to help with the drag and drop part.

On marshmallow after you plug in your device to the PC go into your notification bar and tap the "Use USB for..." message. Make sure to change it from "charging only" to transfer files.

If that doesnt work i should have mine in a few hours to help troubleshoot more

Upvote 0

On marshmallow after you plug in your device to the PC go into your notification bar and tap the "Use USB for..." message. Make sure to change it from "charging only" to transfer files.

Thanks dude, will try it later at home.

Upvote 0

Nope, cant do it. No sign of 'use usb for...' so stuck. I've seen another forum post where the guy had to install new drivers, but I didn't understand that and surely not?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones