• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] After flashing new rom I can't connect to my mobile operator

Hi,

I was tired of my latest ROM (Cataclysm) and decided to switch. It detects my sim card but I am unable to connect to my mobile operator, data traffic seems fine but not able to place any calls. It finds the correct APN but when searching for carrier it says can't connect right now, try later.

I have used many different ROMs to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked. Last attempt was with Cyanogen installer, the process it self works great but the problem is still there. For each and every re-flash I have wiped everything and formated everything I could find.

This is what I have at the moment.
Android version 4.4.2
Baseband: I9250TDVMK1
Kernel: 3.0.101 - cyanogenmod-gaa35f56
CyanogenMod version: 11.0-installerXNPQ09P
Version: cm-maguro-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H
Clockworkmod recovery: 6.0.4.7

I have tried the latest cyanogenmod nightly, cr-Droid v13, XENONHD and one more that I can't remember but all with the same issue.

The sim card works just fine in another phone.

Any got any ideas how to solve this? I don't want to have to buy a new phone. I love this one and surely don't have the cash to buy a new.

Regards,
stoffeboffe

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones