• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After hard resetting my phone I can’t go thru the Android initial settings.

Corobori

Lurker
May 1, 2023
Hi,
On my wife’s phone, an HTC U11, I wanted to perform a hard reset. The process went thru fine but the initial Android settings fails. A message saying "Android Settings stopped" appears, closing or disabling the app didn’t help. I uploaded a video here: IMG_3921.MOV

Any idea ?

what phone do you have? when did this start happening? was this after an update? or just happened randomly?
Ooo
Whenever I try and access the Settings app it won't open and briefly flashes a message "Settings has stopped". I've tried to find away of deleting the data/cache for it as I've seen that has helped some people with the same issue, but all the apps I try and use to do so require access which is given via the settings.

I've tried the obvious in restarting my phone which did nothing, and I'm trying to avoid doing a hard reset.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.
How strange: the same happened to my wife’s phone. On the top of this the back camera stopped. I tried a hard reset but now I can’t complete the Android Settings process

Attachments

• IMG_3922.jpeg
    IMG_3922.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 67
Ooo

How strange: the same happened to my wife’s phone. On the top of this the back camera stopped. I tried a hard reset but now I can’t complete the Android Settings process
what is Ooo? android setting process? can you explain more on what this is. and why can't complete it? error? bootloop? screen froze?

just remember the more details you give, the better we can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones