• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After some thinking? I'm keeping my EVO...

sean76

Android Expert
May 5, 2010
NYC
So I've had my EVO since launch day in the 4th, and have not put it down since the day I got it. I have wrestled with the thought of bringing it back before the 30 days are up! Well I pretty much just decided after talking to sprint that I'm keeping it. Why? For one it really is the best phone on the market right now, and Froyo will make it even better! And 2, I spoke with customer service a little while ago to adjust some stuff on my bill, and I must say coming from other carriers, this was a really pleasant call. The rep handled my issues seamlessly, and really just provided some of the best service I've ever come across. Just plain easy! Anyway, with my 450 reg min plan, my unlimited nights and weekends, and my discount...I'm at about $75 a month. I gotta say that's pretty good considering how much I've payed in the past for blackberries and the iPhone.

So in closing i'll say I'm pretty happy with my EVO, and hope some owners out there are also enjoying there new Toy.

Reactions: Bagua
I am confused. So why were you even thinking of returning it??

Most importantly, my first time with Sprint. So had to really test there service in NYC, IT'S light years better then at&t here. And I just really wanted to see how the whole build quality issue would fare. Honestly, the phone is not perfect. But no phone really is these days, look what just went on with the 4th Gen iPhone...insane amount of problems. I have no earth shattering problems with my EVO...Batt life is ok, not great, but decent for a phone of this size and output. And my screen is raised a hair, but not enough to risk exchanging and getting a lemon. My version 2 has just about the nicest screen colors I've ever seen on a phone.

So yea, my point is I'm enjoying it. And if something goes wrong down the road, I'll use my warranty to grab a new one.

Froyo's speed is gonna be awesome also, so looking forward to that as well!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones