1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Ahome or Open home?

Last Updated:

1. Formsvacka

Formsvacka Member This Topic's Starter

According to a press release from Google, Sweden is getting paid apps within the next two weeks (finally!). I was looking through what I'm going to be able to get, and I started thinking about a home replacement app. So which one should I get? Ahome or Open home?

And while I'm on the subject, are there any other paid apps that I should get?

Advertisement
  2. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Neither, they both aren't that great. LiveHome or GDE for older than 2.1 or LauncherPro for 2.1 or 2.2.

3. Lucki

Lucki Member

+1 for LauncherPro. Spend the extra money and get the Plus version. The widgets are amazing

4. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

LauncherPro Plus. best replacement out there (possibly best one, including OEM such as Sense). IMHO, of course.

-Nkk

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

LauncherPro is my favourite as well.

6. Nixxi

Nixxi Member

Total newbie here, so dumb question alert, but where do I get launcher pro? I have looked in the android market and all I see are themes and fonts, but not the actual application.

7. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I love my ADW Launcher! Its*Free* and is simple to get up and running on. In the market there are both free and paid themes you can download to your phone. If your like most you will be changing it quite abit :) It is a good one to start off with. I haven't used Launcherpro, heard great things about it though. I will definetly try it later on.....but I still love my ADW

8. Formsvacka

Yeah, well, the thing is, the thing I was after with aHome or Open Home are the themes. I can't say that I've looked throug the entire market, but I haven't been able to find any good themes for LauncherPro, whereas there is a whole bunch for aHome or Open Home.

9. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

10. Formsvacka

Okay, so with LauncherPro I can just customize the dockbar and the icons in the dockbar? Can't I achieve something like this, a theme for aHome?

http://i42.tinypic.com/jufejr.png