• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Air Gesture/Smart Scroll Future Apps?

yash78

Jun 7, 2011
Hey guys,So I initially thought smart scroll/Air gestures are all just gimmicky,but considering they work so well,I really enjoy using them. But clearly they only work on certain stock apps. Do you think in the future we will see apps (maybe chrome/another browser?) compatible with these features or will it still be restricted. If the latter is the case,it would be a massive thumbs down for these new features and I probably will barely ever use them.

Also : It is possible to wave your hands over the screen while its off to display notifications,but you still need to hit the home button and traditional unlock to actually use the phone. Dont you think it would be so much more cooler if we could wave our hand to unlock/atleast have the phone in a mode where u can just touch the screen to unlock..Clearly if the screen can turn on with a wave of a hand,this should be possible?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones