Alarm Clock not going off

Last Updated:

1. svegad

svegad Member This Topic's Starter

I've set my alarm to go off on M,T,W,T at 6.16am however, not once has it gone off.
    I've tested to see that I've entered everything correctly by setting it to go off say for example now and it goes off fine - it just seems to be if it's for a longer period of time away it won't go off.
    Anyone have any ideas as to why not or what I'm doing wrong!?

Advertisement
  2. Balistyx

Balistyx Member

Most likely a task killer. Make sure you have the clock on the ignore list if you are using a task killer.

svegad likes this.
  3. svegad

svegad Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for your help, one day I'll get the hang of all of this! It did seem to be running in the apps list but I've now added it to the ignore list to be sure!
    Thanks again!

4. Balistyx

Balistyx Member

No problem. I had the same issue in the early days and got help on this forum - just passing it on. I (and many others) actually found that a task killer actually caused more harm than good (and not only with alarm clock) and I uninstaled it. Many other people still swear by them, but you need to have them properly configured so they don't keep shutting down tasks that should be running.

5. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

It really is about time that task killers were removed from the market.

Android is supposed to manage tasks itself, but if it doesn't it's Android that needs fixing.

The number of people who install a task killer and then find out that their battery is dying on them, or their alarm clock stops working is quite astounding.

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Not android, but some devs do need to understand the framework better. You never need to kill a google created app..

7. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I love my task killer.

If an application plays up, I can quickly and easily kill it.

You just have to know what not to kill.

8. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Task killers can be useful for killing a specific app that isn't working properly or is draining the battery. However most task killers on the market seem to assume that we want a huge end all button and if they provide a widget that's all it will do.

I am currently using SystemPanel Lite which is great apart from that I'm always frightened of accidentally hitting that huge end all button :eek:

9. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

how do you add an app to the ignore list

10. Balistyx

Balistyx Member

Sorry, I can't remember as I uninstalled my task killer ages ago, but I suspect the process (and probably the naming convention of the "ignore" list) varies depending on which task killer app you're using. Either play around to work it out or post which app you're using and hopefully someone who has that app will help you out.

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Normally you long press on an instance of the app in the task killer, where as single press would kill it.

12. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

Before you do that, make sure to give The Samaritans a call.

Assuming your phone is still working, of course.

snowmobile likes this.
  13. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

LOL I am a little obsessed with my Desire :p

I actually plucked up the courage to hit that button and the world didn't come crashing down around me. It simply took me to another menu option screen. I am not afraid anymore :D