album artwork question

Last Updated:

1. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so I downloaded the app 3 (cubed) and it found all of my album art, however... I prefer the stock 2.1 music player for daily use. So on to my question: Is there any way to take the album art that cubed found and downloaded and then make the stock 2.1 music player recognize it? Thanks

Advertisement
    JpTiger likes this.
  2. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

You can download an mp3 tagger from the market and it should be able to find all of your album artwork for you and save it to those songs ID3 tags. Or you can mount the SD card from your comp and write the ID3 tags yourself ;)

3. BigMace23

If buy an app that does this, all it will be doing is adding a picture to the file right? Because id rather not have it change the names and albums I already have in there

4. shizzy1427

Well it wont do anything you dont ask it to do, it can change the names of songs and albums if you so please, but it doesnt have to. The only drawback of the one i had been using for a while was no batch requests (so i had to do each song individually) which was when i realized it'd be easier to do it on the PC

BigMace23 likes this.
  5. BigMace23

Thanks for the info!

6. shizzy1427

7. Eristotle

Eristotle Well-Known Member

clintiepoo likes this.
  8. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

9. slider112

slider112 Active Member

10. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yep that's the best app to use, I use it all the time now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. JpTiger

JpTiger New Member

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't see how this question was answered. I don't want to change the ID3 tags, I just want the default music player to use the album art that the app ^3 so nicely downloaded. How do you do this? I don't feel like spending any money on downloading artwork that a free app has already downloaded. Thanks!

12. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

You can just drop the albumart file into the album folder and it will find it. I have a bunch of albums I ripped from my old cd's and just grabbed the art from wikipedia and other places and just dropped them in the folders.

13. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

There's no good way to do this. You can copy the album art that 3 finds but it's a kludgy solution and if you sync your music to another device (or if your existing device somehow loses its music) then you'll have to deal with missing album art yet again.

IMO, you're better off fixing the tags at the source (assuming that your music library lives on a PC) than applying a band-aid solution on your smartphone. You don't have to spend money to do this. There are plenty of ways to edit tags for free.