• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Album folder

biker74

Apr 29, 2010
Dundee, Scotland
Hey, generally music set up is good, much better than on the Blackberry. However, when I go into the album folder all the songs show up from that album as individual albums; on some of them when I click, it will show about 3 songs, others 1 etc. Also, showing 3 of the same song, not sure how that occurred but can probably fix that. Just wondered if anyone had come across this and had found a solution. many Thanks.

This could be the same issue I had with my Zune..

Download a tag edit application such as:

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
The Ultimate TagScanner: Download

And check how your MP3s are tagged up.

In my experience it is usually a tag conflict between 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' with compilation albums being the most troublesome.
You should be able to make either of those applications automate the process for you to speed everything up a lot. Good luck :)

As for mixZing, i've seen it recommended a lot on here so I gave it a go. I just thought it looked ugly next to the default HTC music app :p

Upvote 0

In my experience it is usually a tag conflict between 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' with compilation albums being the most troublesome.
You should be able to make either of those applications automate the process for you to speed everything up a lot. Good luck :)

Upvote 0

As for mixZing, i've seen it recommended a lot on here so I gave it a go. I just thought it looked ugly next to the default HTC music app :p

Sometimes its the ugly things in life that are more rewarding :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones