• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel One Touch Evolve ClockWorkMod Request

i know "how" to dump it but it would literally be just guessing until we got it hopefully right. ive never had to dump the entire thing and hope i can extract the file from that one image. i dont think anyone has...

here for giggles:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/boot.img skip=10354688 count=6291456
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/recovery.img skip=16646144 count=6291456

lets see if that dumps the right stuff

Ok. I'll pull those this evening and send 'em to ya.

Upvote 0
if that actually dumps the images ill be estatic myself. granted that is only one step of the issue, still need to break the images down and somehow get it back on without bricking and then hope cwm sort of works lol.

So, for the 2nd command you asked me to do, this is what I got:

shell@android:/ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/recovery.img skip=16646144
count=6291456
dcard/recovery.img skip=16646144 count=6291456 <
/dev/block/mmcblk0: seek error: Invalid argument1|shell@android:/ #

I'm uploading the dump I got for the 1st command, and will pm you when it is uploaded to mega.

Upvote 0
dd if=/dev/recovery of=sdcard/recovery.img count=6291456

dump that and upload for me please :)

Got it pulled and uploading it to Mega. I was wondering how similar, or dissimilar this phone is to the One Touch Fierce. I noticed their request for help and that he found some info on the xda forums about mediatec.

Upvote 0
whoa, think i messed up the command there.

dd if=/dev/recovery of=sdcard/recovery.img bs=6291456 count=1

definitely should not be 3 gigs :p

:D Ok. I'll pull again this evening after the kids are in bed, and before my wife wraps the presents (that way I can pull this for ya) with the new command.

Edit: change breed to bed (sometimes I hate Swype's autocorrect)

Upvote 0
gunna go ahead and stop this now

RNZ4qs0.png

these devices have a new locked bootloader :/

Reactions: kdzzzy
Upvote 0
still got this phone? if so i need boot.img, system.img, recovery.img at a minimum. jcase is wanting to look at securelock, please note this doesnt mean he is going to crack it and put it out publicly just more or he wants to learn how it works and read up on it.

Please, do tell how I get those. I understand it'll be with ADB, but what command do I run to get them.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
dd if=/dev/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img bs=6291456 count=1
dd if=/dev/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=6291456 count=1
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=sdcard/system.img

run those in rooted adb shell and should get me the files i need :)

Ok. I got the recovery and system. I'm uploading them to Mega and will let you know when I have a link to 'em. However, I got this when trying for the boot.img:

shell@android:/ # dd if=/dev/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=6291456 count=1
dd if=/dev/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=6291456 count=1
/dev/boot: cannot open for read: No such file or directory
1|shell@android:/ #

Thank you sir.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, if either of you would mind helping me fix a boot loop with my 5020t I sure would be grateful...

If you're not too preoccupied, that is. The internet is surprisingly devoid of information on my phone, let alone how to fix it.

I don't exactly know what I did to cause the loop. I was messing with PMR, not flashing, so I think it's an issue with the settings.

I have root access, boot loop begins at carrier splash screen. I can boot in recovery, but I am not exactly certain how or what to flash to get things back into whack. I have stock as well as root recovery images, I have both the internal storage and SD card backed up on my PC, I just don't want to flash something I'm not supposed to and brick it. I can't find a stock ROM for my phone ANYWHERE.

I am not sure how to use the update.zip method to flash the phone. I don't know what files need to be in there or anything. I tried just taking all the backups and tossing them into a file named update.zip, tossed that into the root of the formatted SD, cleared the cache and booted in recovery. The phone saw the file, opened it, then errored. I read that image files can be put in a .zip file with normal compression, placed in the root of the SD card, and the phone will boot from them automatically...?

I also tried to use adb sideload to access the phone but neither device recognizes the other.

How would I go about creating a stock ROM from the backed up files I have? Would not being able to clean the Dalvik cache before flashing brick the phone?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I am leery of just trying things because I am quite the noob and I don't want to turn my phone into a bigger crap log than it already is.

Thanks for your time and patience on this noob problem.

Upvote 0
Has jcase decided that a recovery is possible? I recently was given one of these phones, and a custom recovery would be amazing. Just being able to Nandroid would be fantastic..

Shabby said that jcase wants to look at it, not that he could crack it. That would be nice though. Just wait patiently and see now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones