• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel One Touch Fierce [RECOVERY]

Hi, you seem like you guys know what you're talking about so I was wondering if you might be able to help. I have a one touch fierce, never tried any crazy mods or rooting or whatever, just stock. Yesterday it told me there was a mandatory update so I tried to install it. Seemed like it was going ok for a few minutes then it rebooted and when it came back on it said that it had failed. After that when I tried to get to settings it said unfortunately settings has stopped. Power off and on, same thing. So my next thought was factory reset, but that has just made the situation worse because now it starts at the welcome setup screen, hit next, select English, hit next, unfortunately settings has stopped, and then back to first screen. Can't get to the home screen. Can pull down the top bar thing, can hold the home key and use Google, if I get a text I can get to it from the top bar and respond, etc. But use is very difficult and limited like this, lol! Do you know what I need to do to fix this or undo whatever the update screwed up? I'll take it to t mobile tomorrow, but based on my past experience with the jerks at the one I go to, they'll probably just try to sell me another phone, all they seem interested in is commission. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you very very much.
Kinda late, but for future visitors... I've had a similar issue(don't remember why, probably from replacing stock launcher with kit Kat launcher then factory reset deleted Google now which it needs to run. Anyway) and what I would do is just tap the recent apps key nothing would be there, then pull down the notif. Bar and go to settings that way. Go to apps and open play store and download adw launcher or an alternative. Or, tap the recent apps icon then press homr and it may bypass setup. This may not work for you. Like someone else said, you're lucky though, my last fierce was bricked by a bad update and wouldn't power on. Now this one has unfortunately phone stopped errors twice on boot same as messaging and something's crash the settings app if I try to access them(of course the important stuff lol).

This phone is incredibly sensitive, I would just not update if you get a new one, if you root be very careful and install something like titanium backup and esfile explorer and make them system apps so if you factory reset they will be in the phone if other things stop working correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones