• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Aldiko+Calibre = Ebook Heaven :D

suhel28

Android Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2010
India
If you want a good book reading experience here is your gift..

Firstly you'll need Aldiko Book Reader on your phone

qr_code.png

Market Link

now for converting ebooks

Download Calibre Ebook Management

1. Add your ebooks (in other formats)
  2. edit metainfo (if you want author's name, book cover & all)
  3. click convert
  4. transfer your converted epub book to /sdcard/ebooks/import
  5. open Aldiko, Press menu key, tap import

Supported Formats

Input Formats:
CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT

Output Formats :

EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, SNB, TCR, TXT

Tips

before you convert your books.click edit metainfo and type in the ISBN number of the book and than click FETCH DETAILS and it will get you all the details of the book with the help of ISBN number. After it successfully fetches details you can click on fetch book cover (in the right window) and voila now you've book cover too

ISBN CODE SITES
ISBNDB

thanks. I am doing that now with my tablet. Is there a way to connect to my calibre library via my android?
When I access it at home on my pc, I see that there is a mobile view, so then I try to connect via wifi at home using my tablet and typing in that same web address, but when I type in that address in my android it will not recognize.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones