All text messages disappeared?Support

Last Updated:

1. vmo

vmo New Member This Topic's Starter

I was texting a friend a few minutes ago and when I got a new text from her, I presed messages and all my texts disappeared... I don't have them set to automatically delete or anything, so I'm curious if this is a common problem/is there any way to get them back? I tried turning the phone off and on again but that was no help.

Advertisement
  2. Ajpineda86

Ajpineda86 Member

I had this problem a while ago. I just reset my phone to default factory settings. Its a pain in the behind but it solved it for me.

3. trmorrisnd

trmorrisnd New Member

My HTC Evo V 4G just dumped all my 3000+ SMS tests, after the battery ran out. The above post suggests a factory reboot would magically restore them?? Sounds like heading in the wrong direction, and loosing all my apps and settings. Can someone confirm if this helps or if there is a better option?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!
    first off this thread is really old and second this is the evo 4g forums. you will want to post the question in the HTC EVO V 4G - Android Forums.

but to answer your questions, yes that will be heading in the wrong direction. all a factory reset does is wipe data. and thus wiping all of your texts. i think what the previous poster was trying to say was that a factory reset fixed the automatic deletion of your texts. have you tried SMS Backup & Restore?