All these GUIsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Syncopated8th

Syncopated8th Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I just registered here, been lurking in the shadows here for about 2 weeks, and decided to try and be a part of this community. But I did have a question.

With all these different GUIs (Sense, openhome and those other ones), could I really just stop using Sense and use another one besides the standard android UI?

Advertisement
  2. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

OpenHome is the best IMO. I started using it about a week ago and it seems to make the Eris a lot faster (must use less resources than sense) and is very professional looking.

3. Syncopated8th

So say I install openHome. I wouldn't have to ever load sense would I?

And for those who know linux, is it just like KDE/GNOME for linux?

4. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

I tired to find a web page for Open Home to see some information. All I could find was a blog page with some examples of skins at betterdroid.wordpress.com I'm missing it somwhere?

5. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

i have tried Panda,open,gde and sweeter .... i have stuck with openhomeit does not seem to slow the phone at all and definitly seems as quick as sense... but alot better looking

6. elzzis

elzzis Member

Can someone show me how openhome looks like? Cant seem to find any pictures of it and i dont wanna buy something that i have no idea how it looks =p

7. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

I wanna change my GUI but I made it so that Sense was the one by default and that whenever I hit the home button the screen with choices for new GUI's wouldn't pop up. I wanna change my GUI now but I can't figure out where to uncheck the box D:

8. Syncopated8th

What ya gotta do is go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage apps...then go down to HTC Sense, and touch it, and tap clear defaults..then hit the home button again

9. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

well i have tried openhome, last night, it is just not as good as sense...IMO.

there are some cool widgets and stuff, but I like sense better.

10. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

Is there a way to try it without buying it? I's like a trial version, but I haven't seen one.

11. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

It's true there aren't a lot of widgets like sense but the extra speed makes up for it and it is a lot nicer than the basic android home.

12. ant0n

ant0n Active Member

I am finding that these home replacements are really only worth it on phones that don't have sense. Unless you can find widgets in the market that are better and don't cost much.

13. porky101

porky101 Well-Known Member

14. predcrazy06

predcrazy06 Active Member

I'm a fan of PandaHome. I was afraid to get away from HTC Sense and thought that I couldn't live with out it. Panda does a lot that Sense does and you can have up to 11 home screens. All the widgets (with the exception of the HTC) works with it. I've tried aHome, Open Home, and Sweeter Home but nothing feels as good as Panda. There are some widgets on the market that replace some of the HTC widgets you might like. Beautiful widgets has all the bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, weather, clocks, ect. Smooth calender is just like the calendar widget in HTC.

I was never a fan of the HTC People widget because I would accidently call people scrolling through the screens. I use Handscent so I didn't use the SMS widget. I have three different email accounts that I manage so I didn't use the Email widget.

aHome and Open Home themes work with it as well.

My problem with aHome and Sweeter Home is that I had to use their widgets.

15. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

Any app you purchase from the market can be returned within 24 hours for a refund.