• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys. I just registered here, been lurking in the shadows here for about 2 weeks, and decided to try and be a part of this community. But I did have a question.

With all these different GUIs (Sense, openhome and those other ones), could I really just stop using Sense and use another one besides the standard android UI?

I'm a fan of PandaHome. I was afraid to get away from HTC Sense and thought that I couldn't live with out it. Panda does a lot that Sense does and you can have up to 11 home screens. All the widgets (with the exception of the HTC) works with it. I've tried aHome, Open Home, and Sweeter Home but nothing feels as good as Panda. There are some widgets on the market that replace some of the HTC widgets you might like. Beautiful widgets has all the bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, weather, clocks, ect. Smooth calender is just like the calendar widget in HTC.

I was never a fan of the HTC People widget because I would accidently call people scrolling through the screens. I use Handscent so I didn't use the SMS widget. I have three different email accounts that I manage so I didn't use the Email widget.

aHome and Open Home themes work with it as well.

My problem with aHome and Sweeter Home is that I had to use their widgets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones