Root All this flashing and free space...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shrink57, Feb 21, 2010.

1. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Just a heads up. If you have been like me flashing and unflashing roms (sometime 3 or 4 times a day) keep and eye on your free space. My 16gb sd card was down to about 100mb (I do have lots of music and photos loaded up but a week ago I had almost 4 gigs free). I took a look in my Nandroid folder and there was the culprit. Every once in a while do a little house cleaning and clean out unneeded backups. I wish there was a way to name a Nandroid backup at the time of the backup to make it a little easier to sort out which is which. As new rom releases come out (and I am drawn to try every one of them) it is amazing how fast you can fill your card.

Just a little public service anouncement...

Advertisement

2. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    biochemist
    RTP
    Good advice, but FYI, you can name your nandroid backups. It's the first option when you select "advanced nandroid backup," it says "Set backup name"

3. shrink57

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Thanks! I knew I was missing something. I always did a simple backup and never had the option.

4. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Also, nandroid backups are named with the date as a file title. SO if you're not doing more than once a day, you're good.

5. shrink57

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    My prolem with the assigned names is I have no idea what rom, what features I have installed, and how stable it is. I am using my own shorthand now to know what is worth keeping. Lately I have been flashing multiple times a day (I am super curious with each release). Are there 12 step meetings for root-a-holics????