• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All this flashing and free space...

shrink57

Android Expert
Dec 19, 2009
South Florida
Just a heads up. If you have been like me flashing and unflashing roms (sometime 3 or 4 times a day) keep and eye on your free space. My 16gb sd card was down to about 100mb (I do have lots of music and photos loaded up but a week ago I had almost 4 gigs free). I took a look in my Nandroid folder and there was the culprit. Every once in a while do a little house cleaning and clean out unneeded backups. I wish there was a way to name a Nandroid backup at the time of the backup to make it a little easier to sort out which is which. As new rom releases come out (and I am drawn to try every one of them) it is amazing how fast you can fill your card.

Just a little public service anouncement...

Also, nandroid backups are named with the date as a file title. SO if you're not doing more than once a day, you're good.

My prolem with the assigned names is I have no idea what rom, what features I have installed, and how stable it is. I am using my own shorthand now to know what is worth keeping. Lately I have been flashing multiple times a day (I am super curious with each release). Are there 12 step meetings for root-a-holics????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones