Aloysius V9 vs Evil Eris 2.0

Last Updated:

1. s_wall98

s_wall98 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently running Aloysius V9 but am wondering about EvilEris 2.0. Has anybody ran both of these roms and if so, what do you think about them?
    I really like most of the features included with Aloysius but if EvilEris is noticably faster I could deal with losing some things. I know its been touched on before but if you have experience with both, could you pease post a quick comparison.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. carpsworld

carpsworld Member

I have tried both and I am currently 100% Evil Eris. mainly because the apps2sd is fully functional and the ROM is fast.

3. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member

+1. I haven't run Aloysius but I am running EE2 and it is great. Smooth and quick.

4. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

I was waiting for this thread to pop up. :rolleyes: I just dont want it to turn into a competitive thread about whos is bigger...

I have run both and can say they both feel the same to me in speed difference. I may be wrong but I dont think running apps2sd on evil eris will make it run any faster, it doesnt free up and ram, just internal memory. I decided to stick with aloysius v9 because there were a few bugs EE2.0 had that v9 did not, but thats just my opinion. There is no "better" rom, its all dependent on what works best for you.

I would encourage everyone to try both of them out and see which one you like the best. Just load one up, set it up how you like it, and run it for a few days. After you feel youve tried that rom out, do a nand and flash a new one, set it up and run it for a few days. If you decide you dont like it, just restore your old one to what you previously had. Gotta love nands...

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I like aloysius a lot, but v6 not v9 is my favorite. EE2 is what I'm running now, and it is blazing fast. apps2sd is cool because it frees up so much memory. I've got everything I had on aloysius on EE2 but with 149mb of free internal memory. I'm not sure the apps run faster, but with the internal memory free it should atleast keep everything running quick no matter how many apps I have.

6. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

I tried contacting the dev about putting a2sd on alyouius, but no reply yet. There will be another Rom released tonight that will have a2sd. Want to give you all more options

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

7. Tamasabian

How do you go abut freeing up the internal memory to 150? I am sitting on about 70mb free memory.

8. andrizoid

Follow my instructions on partitioning your SD card and flash the Rom again.

9. Tamasabian

Got a link? How can you tell if you are partitioned? I think I partitioned when I rooted.

10. andrizoid

Check the thread for ee2, follow the directions under partitioning the sdcard