Alternative earphones with mic and music control?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mightyb

mightyb New Member This Topic's Starter

The earphones I got with my DHD are terrible. The first earphones I've ever had that keep on falling out of my ears. Connection is terrible too and music keeps on dying depending on how I bend the cable. Are there any alternatives? I need something smaller or more comfortable with a mic and 3 buttons for music control etc.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I had a look and couldn't find anything apart from the following, which doesn't have the three buttons:
    HTC Desire HD Audio Adaptor for 3.5mm to 3.5mm HS U350 (with Stereo Headset + HTC Logo, Retail Pack) #36H00622-04M - eXpansys UK

What I bought instead was an inline 3.5mm stereo socket and I plan to cut the earphones off the cable that was supplied with the phone and, in their place, solder the inline socket close to the controls. this way I'll have full control and yet will be able to use my Shures.

3. mightyb

mightyb New Member This Topic's Starter

This is what I was thinking but the last time I tried soldering headphones it was pretty fiddly. Might look for a tutorial on YouTube in case there is a better way of doing that. As to that adapter, you will probably end up with too much wire around your neck :D Thanks!

4. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

though id throw this in here.

As this phone has the wonders of DRS inbuilt, you may wish to look into these headphones. I have had a fair few headphone and these are definately the best ive owned. I actually cant believe how good these are, especially for the price. here is a link

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I know they wont match up to the high end (and seriously expensive) models like the sures, but for this price they are plain epic.

5. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

I find the sound quality of the supplied headphones good enough, but the control does my nut; you still need to fumble around trying to find the middle button (play/stop/answer).
    I tried my old iphone headphones, the single button will only play/stop/answer, multi-pressing will only activate a call (last number redial) - no next/previous track

6. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

can you post more useful info [​IMG]

7. ADTC

ADTC Well-Known Member

Phone companies should make it a standard to supply earphones with sockets near the control instead of fixed earphones. Sure, it's great to have a 3.5 mm socket on the phone itself but you miss out on the mic and music control, and have to speak on the phones' mic when taking the call.

And I love in-ear earphones that I never use the normal kind any more. It's sad to see that not every company adopted in-ear technology. HTC didn't even consider it. That's why I prefer earphones with socket as I can plug in my old but awesome Sony Ericsson in-ear earphones (they are really short too) and still enjoy the mic and controls.

8. Kingy63

Kingy63 Active Member

Have a look at HTC RCE100, I think this is what you need.

9. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

10. Kingy63

Kingy63 Active Member

That is correct and then the controller has a 3.5mm connector so you can plug in a different headset. Only issue is it makes the wire very long.

11. randomeclipse

randomeclipse Member

I bought these when I got my Hero and I'm now using them with my DHD.

They are excellent and WELL worth the money.

12. ghostyjack

ghostyjack Active Member

I use a Nokia BH-214 bluetooth adapter which I got with my Nokia X6 (you can buy them separately). It's got controls for play/pause, next, previous, except/end call and volume up/down. It also has a 3.5mm jack port for you to plug in you own headphones.

It works a treat for me and all the controls work with the DHD.

13. Waxon12

Waxon12 New Member

I just got a pair of Nox headphones over the holidays and I'm really liking them. Great sound and quality and sound great with my Aria. I looked into them and they are a pretty new company, but making a lot of headway already. I guess later in the year they are coming out with headphones that have a touch screen interface.

Seemed pretty sweet.

Anyway let me know if this helps

14. droid416

droid416 Well-Known Member

Does the Sennheiser CX300-II have a microphone for phone use or is it only for playback?

15. Randles

Randles Well-Known Member

No mate they dont

droid416 likes this.
  16. droid416

droid416 Well-Known Member

Thanks Randles!