• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative Hotmail app

I used the Hotmail app on my s3 and found it to be a massive battery drain. Tried several others but ended up going back to the stock email client. What I did do however was go into my email account settings and changed the sync schedule.
I set my peak schedule as 8 in the morning till ten at night and set this as push so I get emails instantly. I set my off peak schedule from 10 at night till 8 in the morning and set this as manual. This made a big difference to my battery life and also means I don't get any notification noises or buzzes for emails during the night. I am now more than happy with the stock email client. What in particular do you not like about it or what features are you looking for. I tried aquamail that gets some good reviews but I deleted it as I prefer the scheduling I set up in stock, Good luck.

Upvote 0
Download the free MailDroid. It brings in your hotmail accounts and google and others, I think. I just downloaded the free version of MailDroid and I love it. It quickly set up my two hotmail accounts. I may add my gmail account later. The best part is, for every email you receive on your device, you can choose to either delete it from the device only, or from the device AND server (saving you time back at your desk!)

My only problem now is finding a way to sync my Hotmail calendar events. I really need this, because I use Windows Live Mail and prefer the Hotmail calendars.

I'd like to have a separate calendar app to do this, but so far the ones I've downloaded are not enabling Hotmail calendar. When I went to check my settings, for some reason my Samsung Galaxy Prevail is only allowing google accounts to be added (in the "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" )

Anybody have an idea how to get my Hotmail calendar events to my Droid?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones