• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon has reportedly shipped three times the amount of smart speakers compared to Google

A new report has been released which claims that Amazon has shipped three times the amount of smart speakers compared to Google. However, this report only shows figures through September 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my thought when I saw that headline was "only 3 times?". I know a couple of people with Amazon ones, whereas I've seen no sign that most even know the Google ones exist (though they may have a higher profile in the US, where these figures presumably come from or are at least dominated by).

Actually I was given a free Home Mini with my phone - I tried telling then I didn't want it, and was even told twice that the delivery had been cancelled, but it seems that some companies are just not able to cope with people declining stuff! I gave it away as a raffle prize to a local club in the end: as everyone in my household has turned off the "ok Google" feature on their phones it was pretty clear we didn't have a use for it.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones