• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Kindle Fire 10 Email Problem

dmcaissie

Jul 13, 2019
MY ISP uses IMAP for both incoming and outgoing email. Lately, I've been having trouble sending email from my Fire Tablet 10. While trying to figure out what's going on, I noticed that somewhere along the line, Amazon had changed my outgoing email server to SMTP, and I can't find a way to change the outgoing email server to IMAP. As a result, there are 29+ unsent email messages stuck in my outgoing email folder.

I've tried downloading several email apps, but they too default to SMTP for the outgoing email server. Does anyone know of an email app that lets me specify both the incoming and outgoing email server, or do you know a way I can force my Kindle Fire 10 to let me specify both the outgoing and incoming email server?

Just so you're aware, POP and IMAP are incoming protocols and SMTP is the standard outgoing protocol. IMAP and SMTP are not interchangeable as they pertain to two different email services.
Depending on your email service (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, etc.) you need to configure your email app with the appropriate settings for both incoming and outgoing. A lot of email apps now do this automatically if you just enter your email address and password when it comes to the popular, well established email services, but the option to manually enter the necessary info is an option in every email client app. Since that's apparently not the case for your set up, go the web site of your chosen email service and search for the required setting to set up the email account on an email client, they all have them somewhere.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones