• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

American Express as good as Visa?

7Priest7

American Express is now offering RP+.

If I selected to use this card as my primary debit card,
Does anybody know of locations in the U.S. that would deny it?

My Research indicates it would work at walmart and with paypal which are my two biggest things.

American Express is now offering RP+.

If I selected to use this card as my primary debit card,
Does anybody know of locations in the U.S. that would deny it?

My Research indicates it would work at walmart and with paypal which are my two biggest things.
From looking at the page you linked to, it seems that this card would work anywhere AmEx is accepted. It's a pre-paid AmEx debit card, so if a location displays the AmEx logo among the cards they accept, you should be fine.

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0
most every establishment that accepts credit cards will accept visa and master card .Some establishments will not accept american express even though they accept visa and master card. If you are looking for a credit card go for either visa or master card...(they are the same company) American express is not...and traditionally charges higher fees ...and usually must be payed off in full each month..
if it is a debit card then it shouldn't really matter..
but could come into play if they an establishment that does not accept AE

but most places do...so:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.

I have done some thinking/researching/contemplating my best option(s).

I have decided when/if I receive a "PayPal Debit MasterCard", I will make my main financial institution AmEx using their Serve card as my funding source for my PayPal MasterCard.
With the above setup I will have no monthly fees associated with my bankless preference, and I will be able to earn RP to gift skins to my smurf accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones