An app the deletes all text messages...?

Last Updated:

1. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So as I was reading in another thread someone is having issues trying to delete messages that have large amounts in a specific thread...is it possible to create an app the will delete all messages or specific threads without making your phone freeze up and require a force close?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I have deleted large msg threads before in the 1500 range ... and was just patient while it was working ... I had no force close ... I backup my msg threads before deleting them ...

3. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm that is interesting seeing as how if i were to try that I would and did get a force close...

4. justjimjpc

Also I have my screen to never time-out ... so that might help to prevent the delete process from interrupting the delete-msg process...

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

For some of my friends I just let message chains grow and grow...could this hinder performance on my phone? I never thought about it before now, but as people mentioned issue with deleting threads/msgs it got me thinking.

6. justjimjpc

I backup my msg before deleting them ...

7. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Right...I read that above, do you think long message chains hinder performance?

8. justjimjpc

I definately do think they hinder peformance and of course take up precious memory space ...

9. Telaw

Telaw New Member

Yeah, from time to time you should definetly delete some messages... it can make phones really slow to have a full memory^^

10. CoAxy

CoAxy New Member

I always just assumed that the text messages get stored on the SD card. Are they actually stored on phone memory?Also, is backing up text messages that important? Are any of us ever going to go back and read those messages again? 90% of my messages would probably be "hey, where are you?"Anyway, what application do you use to backup text messages?