Last Updated:

1. allycatdoody

allycatdoody New Member This Topic's Starter

:confused:i7500 does 1.6 work on this model if so where can i get
    regards mark:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome, but I'm afraid I don't understand your question!

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I think allycatdoody is asking if Android 1.6 will run on the 7500i, and if so where can it be obtained.

I'll move this to the Samsung 7500i forum fao the experts. :)

4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Welcome to the forums!

Slug indeed moved the post to the right place, as this subforum is where you'll find all the info you need.

To use 1.6 on the I7500, you have two options: you can either use a firmware released by Samsung (it's not official, but it works). To do so you'll have to use Odin, a software you'll need on your computer.

You could also use Galaxo (and I recommend this option). It's a custom android 1.6 ROM based on the unofficial Samsung firmware. It's considered the "best" firmware for the Galaxy.

You might also like to hear that there is an Android 2.1 ROM available. A few things don't work though, such as the camera. A Froyo (Android 2.2) ROM should be available soon too. This project is called GAOSP.

Whatever option you chose, read the list of tutorials (a stickied thread) and you'll find info on how to do it. If you got any issues, ask for help or PM me if you want me to explain it personally.

dsyzug likes this.