Android 2.0.1, Release 1

Last Updated:

1. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. unofficialitguy

unofficialitguy Active Member

OK. Where's the download link and how do I get it on my lil' Tattoo?

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sorry guys and girls but this is only the SDK which developers use to make apps for Android.

When an update is available for the tattoo you'll definitely know about it :D

4. vexacus

vexacus New Member

Hi Carl,
    I've just recently purchased the HTC Tattoo, with the Android version 1.6. Now, my question is, with Android 2.0 being launched in the near future, will my phone be able to support the new OS?

5. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

Allegedly, HTC will bring 2.1 to the Tattoo and the Hero, but a little later in the year ("first half of 2010"). They need to adapt HTC Sense for it. There have been a couple of small news articles around the web, I also asked HTC directly and they confirmed (though that doesn't mean it will happen!)

- Mark

6. vexacus

vexacus New Member

thnx for the update, Mark :D
    but the main issue i'm facing is the bluetooth non-compatibility(for file transfer) in my Android phone :(. So, do u have any idea whether the 2.1 version will have this problem fixed?

7. Boopolo

Boopolo Well-Known Member

If android 2.1 does come out, when u upgrade, do u lose all your settings, contacts, apps etc?

8. brandmarked

I'm sure I've read that 2.1 does address Bluetooth issues., but I'm not 100% sure.

9. brandmarked

I doubt it. But again not 100% sure.

10. mattyb

mattyb Member

When I applied the last rom update, I lost all of my apps. My contacts were fine as they are stored in google mails contacts.
    All media files were also fine as they lived on the SD card.

11. mahnameisjerik0

mahnameisjerik0 Active Member

how do you store your phone contacts to google? because when I sync my contacts only my google contacts goes to my phone but not the other way around. :confused:

12. SlowMoe

SlowMoe Active Member

You can't simple as that... (Please do corrent me if I'm wrong - but I've tried in so many ways) :)

What you need to do is to export your contacts (sync them for instance) and save them as vCards (VCF files) on your Windows (if you have Windows of course) - when that's done you can import them into your google account, and they will sync.

To save some time, you can make multiple vcf-files into one file with all information. Just start CMD go to the folder where you're vcards are, and run the command:

Code (Text):
    1. copy   /B   *.vcf   all_in_one.vcf

13. lostkoolkid

lostkoolkid Member

Dont think you can. I copied all my contacts from my old phone to google by export/import csv file.
    I then used the groups on google to seperate them.

14. Kail

Kail Member

Had a reply back from HTC this morning in regards to the question of wether we will see an update soon for the HTC Tattoo. This is what was contained in the reply.

As you can see, the reply mentions the Hero (i did actually state i had a HTC Tattoo and not a Hero) but it does state afterwards they are working on a version that supports Sense, so maybe the update isnt that far away.

15. brandmarked

All the press mentions I have seen of late no longer mention the Tattoo. I wonder if they are just concentrating on getting the Hero one out (them being stuck on 1.5 I think). Or, is the Tattoo no longer getting it. I tend not to use Bluetooth so it doesn't worry me too much (at the moment), but I would like to know and would feel somewhat let down by HTC if they decided not to bring updates to the Tattoo.

Mark

16. Kail

Kail Member

Further update to the earlier email, i did respond to them stating they had quoted the Hero when infact i was enquiring about the Tattoo. Recieved this from HTC so again read into this what you will but to me it does not look that positive.

17. brandmarked

Hmm, I guess we will have to continue to wait and see.

Over the last week though (no doubt due to MWC) there does seem to have been a number of additional devices launched such as the SE X10 mini and an Alcatel which use the smaller screen size, so hopefully this might drive our part of the market and give HTC some impetus to bring 2.1 to the Tattoo. I guess quite simply it is a case of is the investment worth it by HTC? I would have hoped that the coding differences necessary between the Tattoo and the Hero for Sense would be minimal, and thus cost of doing so not great.

Doesn't 2.1 have a better keyboard too? That might be useful for us Tattoo'ers!

- Mark

18. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

its all about bluetooth for me - I really could use the file transfer functionality that comes with 2.1 - the rest of 2.1 is not that different to 1.6. The Hero guys are on 1.5 which is quite buggy.

19. khanahmedabbas

khanahmedabbas Member

how do i upgrade to android 2.0.1 newbie tutorial anywhere ?

20. alek_73

alek_73 Well-Known Member

ha !

All Tattoo users in this forum would be very happy if this was possible !
    But it's not.

21. Ikocev

Ikocev New Member

When users upgrade their Heros...it says:
    Warning!
    * Please note that this upgrade will erase any data stored on the phone. We recommend that you back up all your data before performing this upgrade.

So, I guess anything stored on phone, not on SD card and SIM contacts, is erased!