Android 4.2 Key lime pie?

1. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member Contributor

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It appears as though 4.2 is still being called jellybean. At least with the naming scheme Google uses for their builds.

I imagine if it was close to release they'd have it named already.
    NGD1 and EarlyMon like this.
  3. EHokie

EHokie Well-Known Member

4. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true, I hope we don't see key lime pie till next year. When things move this fast you can go out of date in no time

For example, sprint 3d users didn't get ics until jellybean was released...unless they were rooted, then they got it when our phone was released. Which ones worse??
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The add-ons would purportedly work courtesy of an installation app on Nexus certified devices. If you wanted the oem overlay, you'd likely pay for it and then get their full package to replace your stock package.

And yes, just as Eclair was 2.0 and 2.1, JellyBean is 4.1 and 4.2.
    Mobstergunz likes this.
  6. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

Do you guys think we will get the update?
  7. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

Its very unlikely but i would love to see Jelly Bean Sense on the Evo V
  8. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Android phones are usually only good for one update. The Evo 3D shipped with 2.3 and got updated to 4.0 so it is highly unlikely we will see Android 4.1 and even if we do get lucky enough to get Jelly Bean anything newer than that is out of the question. Such is the unfortunate reality of Android phones. If you want the latest and greatest you have to upgrade to a new phone every couple years.
  9. Mobstergunz

Every Couple Years? Try at least every 3 Months........
    Jon Davis likes this.
  10. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking hardware, I meant software. But yeah, make that every year if you want to stay bleeding edge. I can make a phone last 2 years (because I always buy high end at the time). Ex: Evo V 4G is top of the line on Virgin Mobile right now. It should last me through 2013. ICS and dual core with 1GB RAM is good enough for the time being. Then a nice quad core key lime pie phone (or whatever OS is out then) will be my next purchase.
  11. Rxpert83

If you want the latest and greatest software you want a nexus device. Unfortunately, I dont think any prepaids carry it. Maybe that'll change with this year's nexus devices
  12. Mobstergunz

Or maybe we'll get a hand-me-down Galaxy Nexus this is Virgin Mobile we're talking about after all.......
  13. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Supposedly the next Nexus will be multi sourced so here's to hoping that maybe one will land on Virgin's network.
  14. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

I meant will developers be able to port it over?
  15. brandonok

brandonok Well-Known Member

I think you can get a nexus with Walmarts smart talk if you get a sim card

I don't happen to get that service in my area though. :(
  16. heythereitsv

heythereitsv Well-Known Member

17. Rxpert83

Its still looking like a multiple nexus devices running 4.2 are coming out soon though. Hopefully well see at the end of this month
  18. Nate456

Nate456 Well-Known Member

Supposed to be 4.1.2 JB (minor update).
  19. Rxpert83

That's already out. I'm running it n my nexus 7 that I'm typing from. 4.2 is supposed to be a larger update