• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.4 Kitkat

Are you upgrading?

• Hell yeah! Hurry up and post those images Google!

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Sure, when the OTA hits.

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • I'm going to hold off until it's proven.

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • WTH is KitKat?

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Haven't really done anything to check WiFi.

I have now spotted a few other nice wee tweeks, though:

- the e-mail app is a bit more colourful
- you can now delete or reply to e-mails direct from the notification bar
- some sounds are different to what I remember

One strange thing is that at the bottom of the lock screen is an upward pointing arrow head - like a stretched version of '^'. Looks like it ought to do something .. but doesn't :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I got my N4 updated thru OTA. Everything works. But the "OK Google" search bar voice command feature on homescreen doesn't work unless I press on the search bar and go into Google Now. Does anyone have this issue?

I saw this video on Youtube that has N4 with this feature turned on.

The 4.4 build in the OTA doesn't include the needed "helper" app to get the full Google Experience Launcher (like on the N5). How to install the Google Experience Launcher with working “Ok Google” hotword on your Android device [VIDEO] has some deets on how to get that stuff to work for you (it's working great on mine).

Reactions: nyioo7
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Haven't really done anything to check WiFi.

I have now spotted a few other nice wee tweeks, though:

- the e-mail app is a bit more colourful
- you can now delete or reply to e-mails direct from the notification bar
- some sounds are different to what I remember

One strange thing is that at the bottom of the lock screen is an upward pointing arrow head - like a stretched version of '^'. Looks like it ought to do something .. but doesn't :thinking:

Drag that arrow up :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones