• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 7.1.1 in the works

Beside the WiFi ,what y'all think?
You already know my answer, But i'll say it again. This makes this phone much faster, it makes it so it doesn't freeze on many different tasks. And it makes me excited to use a fast and stable rom. I didn't have any crashes with that rom or anything. It was fast and stable.!

Upvote 0
I think it runs smooth and fast, but the LTE shows its working, but I keep getting disconnected, and only download at 4.6 to 7 kbs. I don't know if its because I am on t-mobile or what. but internet just doesnt seem to be connecting very well even though it shows 4 g lte
I'm running metro PCs( it rides on T-Mobile towers) I didn't have that issue with the b14 modem. Of course that is for the z970, but you have the T-Mobile variant. Right?

Upvote 0
Beside the WiFi ,what y'all think?
With the new build, the notification panel is without any problems, the performance of the OS is great, the battery life increase, a lot of free ram, multitasking was perfect, i didn't have bluetooth connection problem, just a few errors, like can't use ok google enrollment (i can't use ok google), change to LTE, only 2G and 3G options (i'm fine with this) and the wifi problem.

However great work, when you said that the new build is 10 time better than before, you was right.

Upvote 0
With the new build, the notification panel is without any problems, the performance of the OS is great, the battery life increase, a lot of free ram, multitasking was perfect, i didn't have bluetooth connection problem, just a few errors, like can't use ok google enrollment (i can't use ok google), change to LTE, only 2G and 3G options (i'm fine with this) and the wifi problem.

However great work, when you said that the new build is 10 time better than before, you was right.
Okay Google is a pixel thing now. I can get Google Assistant to work on the phone,but you'll have to to push the home button to get her to come up

Upvote 0
I was having issues with Bluetooth, but I cleaned some shit up and I'm good to go.

IMG_20170113_142011.jpg
IMG_20170113_142053.jpg
Screenshot_20170113-142029.png

Upvote 0

2g and 3g options only is a easy fix. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: Weed_nim and jhoak1
Upvote 0
Okay Google is a pixel thing now. I can get Google Assistant to work on the phone,but you'll have to to push the home button to get her to come up
My problem was that when i turn on the phone, i always see the message that google enrollment stop working, and if i try to use ok google, i don't get an answer, but this was something that happen with the rom 6 beta 2, i don't know if this only happens in my device, but it doesn't bother me.

I really want to stay with this rom in my phone, but i only have wifi connection, in my country doesn't has unlimited internet plan, and the 10GB per month are expensive.
Also with others roms (5.1 and 6) i have the problem that my display freeze and don't allow me to use the phone, i have to lock and unlock the phone in order to use the phone but it's annoying and with your rom i didn't have this problem and also the performance of the phone was the best.

Again i'll be patient and wait the necessary time with the hope that this could be solve.
Thanks

PD: Sorry for my English errors, i speak Spanish and try the best for explain me correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Weed_nim What I know about the ok google, is on cm 13 beta 2, the ok google didn't work on the stock launcher or the launcher installed into /system/app or system/app-priv, if you uninstall or delete the trebuchet launcher that is in system, and or re-
download it from CM apps that you can find in the play store ok google works for it. as long as you enrolled in ok google detection everywhere inside the settings, or you used the xposed module ok google for 3rd partie launchers. You can even
delete google now launcher and or search assistant and it will still work as long as its setup for ok google with the google now app, and not in system, and or have ok google for 3rd partie launchers

I dont know why it doesnt work from start with the trebuchet, but once I deleted it from system
and re-installed the one from CM apps in the market it worked just fine for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Weed_nim
Upvote 0
What I know about the ok google, is on cm 13 beta 2, the ok google didn't work on the stock launcher or the launcher installed into /system/app or system/app-priv, if you uninstall or delete the trebuchet launcher that is in system, and or re-
download it from CM apps that you can find in the play store ok google works for it. as long as you enrolled in ok google detection everywhere inside the settings, or you used the xposed module ok google for 3rd partie launchers. You can even
delete google now launcher and or search assistant and it will still work as long as its setup for ok google with the google now app, and not in system, and or have ok google for 3rd partie launchers

I dont know why it doesnt work from start with the trebuchet, but once I deleted it from system
and re-installed the one from CM apps in the market it worked just fine for me
Bump that cm crap

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones