• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 7.1 radio can not get bluetooth to pai with phone

esorj11

Lurker
Dec 27, 2017
Hi All,

Bought Hizpo Android 7.1 Car Stereo off ebay model# CDSXJQ00978 for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. Received and installed. Cannot get stereo head unit to pair with iphone or android phone. It found my iphone 6 once and paired after trying for an hour. Thought finally got it but then dropped the connection and can not get it to see any other bluetootth device again. Will not find anything at all anymore in discovery mode let along pair.

Help on this will be much appreciated especially being the only reason I wanted to change my OEM radio was to add bluetooth

Have you kept Bluetooth on on your phones? That could be an issue. What about the radio, is Bluetooth always on?
yes and yes. while I have tried several different phones already and many hours only once did it locate my iphone 6 paired then immediately disconnected and would not connect again. Decided to clear that paired device from phone and android radio and start fresh and again android radio does not see any bluetooth devices to pair with.

Upvote 0
Try it the other way around. Put the head unit into pairing mode and then try and discover it on your phone. That's the way it works for me.
Going to try doing it that way. was putting both head unit and phone in locating mode.

Also: on firmware not sure being brand new out of box and not able yet to connect to internet to search.
Also: Not 100% sure on correct installation because it did not come with installation instructions which appears to be major complaint on reviews for this unit. I am a Marine Tech and am very versed on electronic installations boats and cars. The radio appeared to be straight forward with connections being connectors are plug and play for my model vehicle Dodge Ram 1500. Except for one thing. In the wire harness for the radio while all other connections connect via setup factory connections to my vehicle their are two independant wires in the harness from radio 1 Ground Keyed and 1 Powered Keyed. Being power is in vehicle harness and radio harness plug into factory connector and radio fired up. I have not attached the two independant wires to ground and keyed power of truck.

Upvote 0
their are two independant wires in the harness from radio 1 Ground Keyed and 1 Powered Keyed.

But the head unit works, right? They might be for alternate installations. Hard to tell without a wiring diagram. I would assume that the unit would throw an error if something wasn't powered that should be.

Upvote 0
But the head unit works, right? They might be for alternate installations. Hard to tell without a wiring diagram. I would assume that the unit would throw an error if something wasn't powered that should be.
I thought the same about those two wires being for alternate install. Yes everything powers up. Yes, impossible to say without wiring diagram.

One piece of good news got WIFI working. Went into Factory Settings and under BT changed to No rebooted then changed to WQ_BC6 and WIFI toggle now turns on and WIFI will connect and work.

But still can not get Bluetooth to discover and then pair

Upvote 0
Are there any instructions at all for pairing BT devices with this unit or do they just leave you twisting in the wind?
Mostly twisting in the wind. Very generic and tried to follow with no success. Being WIFI is now working by changing Bluetooth adapter firmware, I feel either unit has a bad Bluetooth adapter antenae or firmware issue.

Upvote 0
It sounds like the Bluetooth part of this car stereo could be defective, and needs replacement or repair. Hizpo are only sold online and shipped from China, manufacturer is unknown, and so could be quality and reliability issues with them.
Agreeded mikedt! In contact with Supplier but very long and tedious. Time difference, language difference. I email something and have to wait 24 hours for response. Right now in the obvisous stages from them, did you do all the simple trouble shooting first. Two days for stuff I already know. Arghh!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones