• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android application to get data through http

autopower

Lurker
Nov 19, 2012
Hello friends, I am new to android. I am looking for a solution. can someone help me with that. My requirements is to make an application when clicks from mobile, goes to an HTTP server and runs a script and in return script generate some data in a recordset and the request sent from android should bring back that data to mobile and display it. anyone here to help, would be obliged. thank you

That sounds like something you could do several ways with the Tasker app and export as an apk using Tasker App Factory. For example you could create a Tasker Task with "Net/HTTP Post" and "Net/HTTP Get" actions, write the returned data to a file or variable, then display the file or variable in an Alert/Popup. Then export the task as an app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones