• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Auto sans Auto - Android Auto

I only tried it once, but went back to the old Google Maps/Navigation. Android Auto covers up the notification bar so I couldn't see when new emails or texts came in, my battery level, etc.
I think that's kind of the point - you shouldn't be worrying about those things while you're operating a vehicle. ;)

(Plus, you can always swipe down to view the notification bar when it's safe to do so.)

Upvote 0
I think that's kind of the point - you shouldn't be worrying about those things while you're operating a vehicle. ;)

(Plus, you can always swipe down to view the notification bar when it's safe to do so.)

Emails it ignores, but text will notify you and then have them read to you if you so choose.

I suppose you're right, I'll try it again, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones